Tiling Kitchen Floor - Anti Slip Coating [Archive] - Ceramic Tile Advice Forums - John Bridge Ceramic Tile

PDA

View Full Version : Tiling Kitchen Floor - Anti Slip Coating

talkingdreams
08-01-2019, 03:10 PM
I want to use tile for my 12 x 24 kitchen floor. Although many people have warned me that it is hard to stand on tile, I simply cannot find any other product that is waterproof and has the look I want.

But people have also warned me about how slippery the tile is when wet. I have tile in two other rooms, so I am aware of the hazard.

My first question about this project then is whether anyone is familiar with an anti-slip coating that really works. I would really like to have the floor shine, so I am considering a product called SparkleTuff Anti Slip. This will put a gloss finish on the tile and supposedly make the floor anti slip.

It looks like the product needs to be reapplied every 3-5 years and I will need a gallon, which costs $500. But it would be worth it to me if the floor will shine AND be slip proof.

Any thoughts, suggestions, etc. are appreciated.

Sponsored Links

Fast eddie part deux
08-01-2019, 03:46 PM
Never heard if the product so i googled it. Many reviewers complained that it only lasts a month or two. So if youre looking at $500 per application ...

talkingdreams
08-01-2019, 04:07 PM
Ok then, is there a non-slip coating that you have heard of that works and lasts?