Bathroom grout vs caulking help [Archive] - Ceramic Tile Advice Forums - John Bridge Ceramic Tile

PDA

View Full Version : Bathroom grout vs caulking help

JOhn Jrs
06-05-2019, 02:15 PM
Hi all. I have questions when to grout and caulk. From reading forums it seams to be in corners and against tub and tile. Change in plains. What part of shampoo Niche, back wall inside niche, all sides of niche. pencil edge and crown or not? I think grout will be less prone to mold but want to do it right. Attached see picture with letters thanks . Using magpie grout ultra color plus Fa and then keracaulk u for caulk. Other caulk option is keracaulk s what are thoughts everyone I have talked to about caulk says to use non sanded I am used to sanded. Thanks again for all your time.

Sponsored Links

Radas
06-05-2019, 08:24 PM
A, inside corners of D, and E between crowm and ceiling gets 100% silicone. I recommend using mapesil 100% silicone to match your grout instead of sanded/unsanded latex caulk. You can grout the rest.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

JOhn Jrs
06-05-2019, 09:50 PM
Thank you. Now I need to find it in Timberwolf color in DC area. I have head that silicone is better that acrylic that has silicone added. I really appreciate your response to the picture as well. Have a great day

Radas
06-06-2019, 02:53 AM
Glad to help. I was able to order the mapesil on Lowe's website.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

MAPEI - Technical Service
06-06-2019, 08:27 AM
Hey John,

Ali nailed it on where the caulk should be applied, and what to use.
Make sure you go with our 100% silicone, Mapesil T, for best results and longevity. Try calling your local Floor & Decor to see if they stock that particular color in-store. Otherwise, Lowe's or Koffler Sales (http://kofflersales.com) can probably drop-ship it to you.

Fast eddie part deux
06-07-2019, 05:03 PM
John ... i have nothing to offeron your question ... but i like the look.

makethatkerdistick
06-07-2019, 05:13 PM
Check the date stamp on your cartridge! Sometimes that silicone sits around a while as it isn't in demand as much as the cheaper acrylic caulk. That's true for online orders, too.