Self Leveling/Tile Question [Archive] - Ceramic Tile Advice Forums - John Bridge Ceramic Tile

PDA

View Full Version : Self Leveling/Tile Question

BigBillahh
08-14-2017, 02:37 PM
Hello:

I am a non-professional and this is my first post. I love the forums and have used them as a reference frequently for my previous tile jobs. I have laid tile previously using hardie backer and Ditra and am preparing for my first installation using Laticrete Strata Mat. I will be applying the Strata Mat in a hallway and laundry room over plywood subfloor. I understand that one can use either a modified or unmodified thinset on top of Stata Mat to adhere the tile to the membrane.

Laticrete recommends using a Laticrete modified thinset such as 254 Platinum.
However, it is not easy to find Laticrete thinsets near me (Northern New Jersey). For those that have used Stata Mat, what thinset have you used/do you recommend? I can get Mapei Ultraflex II easily, or TEC Skill Set.

Thanks.

Sponsored Links

Carbidetooth
08-14-2017, 02:42 PM
The UltraFlex II will work just fine under and on top of the StrataMat. If you happen to be using large tile, you could use Ultraflex LFT under the tile.

BigBillahh
09-24-2017, 07:45 PM
Just leveled very uneven subfloor (plywood) with self leveling compound and once it dries I plan to tile using Laticrete Stratamat. My question is do I need to use a primer on top of the self leveling compound. (I already use the primer underneath.). In case it matters the SLC was a mapei product.

Thank you.

Bill

cx
09-24-2017, 08:39 PM
Welcome, Bill. :)

It'll help if you'll keep all your project questions on one thread so folks can see what you're working on and what's been previously asked and answered. We can give it a more generic title any time you'd like to suggest one.

You should not need any sort of primer on your SLC when using the 254 to install your Stratamat.

My opinion; worth price charged.