Best tile leveling system [Archive] - Ceramic Tile Advice Forums - John Bridge Ceramic Tile

PDA

View Full Version : Best tile leveling system

mickmeyers
01-22-2017, 09:00 PM
Hello everyone I am getting ready to do a tile floor in my living room. I will be using ceramic wood tile and I'm wondering which is the best leveling system thanks

Mick

Sponsored Links

cx
01-22-2017, 09:16 PM
Welcome, Mick. :)

I'm guessing you're looking for a lippage control system of some sort, rather than something to actually level your tiles.

If so, I'd recommend you type leveling into our Advanced Search feature and ask for your response in Titles. You'll find threads of discussion of many lippage control systems, most rather inaccurately described as leveling systems. And you'll find lots of opinions on each. You can pick your favorite from among all the favorites you find there.

Keep in mind that the best leveling or flattening or lippage control starts with a flat substrate. Even if your tiles are flat, having a substrate that is not sufficiently flat will limit your opportunity to make your tile installation flat and lippage free.

My opinion; worth price charged.

Tool Guy - Kg
01-22-2017, 09:18 PM
Welcome to the forum, Mick. :wave:

Lots of systems. But...

The best thing you can do is probably to ensure you've got a super flat floor before the first tile ever goes down. The industry standard for substrate flatness on large format tiles (those with any side measuring at least 15") is a lot flatter than most substrates are. Have you dragged a long straight-edge around on the floor to see how flat or otherwise it is? The longer the straight-edge the better. If you're willing, we'll talk you through what you need.

I'd suggest taking care of your substrate first, then getting a leveling system second.

:)

EDIT: I see ol' fast fingers beat me to the post tonight. :)

Tiger Mountain Tile Inc
01-22-2017, 09:23 PM
This is like asking which tile saw is the best, or which car is the best, or which presidential candidate is best. You'll get all sorts of different opinions.

If you scroll towards the bottom of the page you'll see a box that has similar threads. That should be of some help. Also the costs vary widely so that plays into it also.

For a pro system I think MLT and Tuscan are probably near the top. For DIY systems the Seamclip or Lash system seem to get good feedback also. The main difference between pro and diy systems is the start up costs.

mickmeyers
01-22-2017, 09:49 PM
Thanks everyone for the search begins

Lazarus
01-22-2017, 10:08 PM
As the others have said. On top of that is how well you use them. Paul (from Houston) and I put in some 4'x4' tiles a while back and used the Lash System from HD. About the cheapest system going and you could slide a quarter across the floor when we were finished! :bonk:

creativehardscapes
01-23-2017, 09:40 AM
Ramondi