Grouting stone mosaic after sealing [Archive] - Ceramic Tile Advice Forums - John Bridge Ceramic Tile

PDA

View Full Version : Grouting stone mosaic after sealing

jf2425
01-18-2017, 06:14 PM
Hi John,
I just finished installing a stone mosaic tile on my outdoor kitchen backsplash and trim. I applied two coats of sealer since I was told to seal before you grout. I was going to grout using the regular method of applying grout with a Rubber Grout Float, as I have done it in the past. However, my tile supplier advised to use a grout bag or bakery bag so that I wouldn't get grout on the stone holes and imperfections. The thing is that, in addition to grouting the joints, I want to grout all the holes/imperfections too but I'm reading I shouldn't because it may create a hazy look. I can live without filling the holes, but I would like your opinion on the right way of grouting my application and if I can also fill all holes. I was also thinking of sealing after the grout had dried either way. I'm attaching two pics. Thank you in advance.

Sponsored Links

jerrymlr1
01-18-2017, 07:50 PM
Should be no problem grouting with a regular grout float. Have at it I say. :) Looks good BTW.

jf2425
01-18-2017, 08:09 PM
Thank you Jerry. Are you saying i can use the rubber Float, and I can also grout the entire mosaic stone, including the holes/imperfection? What about sealing it all after the grout has dried?

jerrymlr1
01-18-2017, 08:14 PM
Sure. It's done all the time. I've grouted worse than that with a rubber float. Just take your time. You can seal again after grout. I would wait a week or so to let the grout cure.

jf2425
01-18-2017, 08:32 PM
Thank you so much. That's what I thought. Much appreciated.