Niche questions [Archive] - Ceramic Tile Advice Forums - John Bridge Ceramic Tile

PDA

View Full Version : Niche questions

Gavin0125
01-16-2017, 09:57 PM
Good evening. I have elliot not been on here for a while. I am completing this project and the finish Carpenter put a curve ball in my game. He shot a Brad nail through the back of my niche while installing a closet organizer in the joining room. My client is very "green" sensitive when it comes to materials. How do you suggest I patch this pin hole? It is a polypropylene niche. Can I epoxy the hole and follow up with hydroban?

Sponsored Links

Kman
01-16-2017, 11:23 PM
Welcome back, Doug. :)

I moved your question away from your introductory thread over here to its own project thread where it's likely to get more answers.

Where in the niche did the nail come through, up high or in the lower half? Did it just blow out some grout and not damage the surrounding tile? I couldn't tell from your picture.

Edit: Okay, with a closer look, I see a tile came out. Can you remove the surrounding grout?

Peerless Tile
01-17-2017, 07:02 AM
get your hands on a dab of kerdi-fix.

Gavin0125
01-17-2017, 11:22 AM
thank you for the replies! the nail came through the mid-to upper section of the niche on the back wall. This about 6ft up off the floor. And not in-sight of any direct water penetration.
@Peerless Tile What is the kerdi-fix material you are talking about?

Lazarus
01-17-2017, 11:39 AM
Doug, it's an adhesive made by Schluter. Any store that sells their products will stock it. A bit pricy and if you can't find it, you can use the Sika Adhesive from Home Depot....about quarter the price of the KerdiFix........

Gavin0125
01-17-2017, 12:01 PM
@Lazarus. Thank you for the update. I will see which way our client is most comfortable with.