Shower grout selection [Archive] - Ceramic Tile Advice Forums - John Bridge Ceramic Tile

PDA

View Full Version : Shower grout selection

plan4
01-02-2017, 03:10 PM
Yet another grout choice question:

I'm looking for a grout for my shower floor. The tile is a very rough unglazed exterior tile. I have hard water, so the floor will be cleaned regularly to remove the calcium deposits so it must be durable.

I considered epoxy, but I'm concerned about the ease of wiping off grout during the grouting process due to the tile's aggressive texture, so I'm a little scared to go the epoxy route. I had a hard enough time with the working time of Tec Powergrout on glazed subway tile!

The single component pre-mixed grouts are appealing. I have looked at Mapei Flexcolor CQ and Tec Incolor. Laticrete is out because I cannot find a supplier.

Should I go with either of those? Which is preferable? I am leaning toward Charcoal in either product. Color accuracy is important.

Should I give epoxy a second thought?

PS. I'm considering using the Miracle 511 sealer. Would that be done before the grout to ease removal? Or after?

Sponsored Links

Lazarus
01-02-2017, 04:18 PM
I would look closely at the Fusion Pro from HD. Antimicrobial, never needs sealing and true to the colour.

Houston Remodeler
01-02-2017, 04:48 PM
IMHO flexcolor and fusion are virtually identical except for the colors available. They even taste the same. Don't ask how I know that. :x:

Its a good idea to seal unglazed , natural stone, or non glossy tiles before sealing with any grout.