I need help with picking a grout. [Archive] - Ceramic Tile Advice Forums - John Bridge Ceramic Tile

PDA

View Full Version : I need help with picking a grout.

z284u2try
12-30-2016, 06:32 PM
I am looking for a grout that will not break the bank. I would use an epoxy grout if the area wasn't so big.

Have roughly 900 sq. feet of 6"x24" tile to grout that are set at 1/16" grout joint.

What I need is a grout that will give me consistency with a dark color leaning to a dark grey or black color.

I have used polyblend in light colors before with good results.

I have used fusion pro with good results that was pre mixed but expensive.

i used a deep gray mapi grout one time and it gave me the worst grout colors I have ever seen and it wasn't due to over wipe.

Sponsored Links

beedees
12-30-2016, 06:40 PM
re: mapei-truly a sad product. BT,DT-gonna try Laticrete next- CAN"T be any worse.

rmckee84
12-30-2016, 08:19 PM
I've been using Ardex FL and I've been very pleased with it. Follow the directions and it's a breeze to work with. 25lb bag runs around 30$.

Houston Remodeler
12-30-2016, 09:28 PM
James,

Might wanna read the Grouting Tutorial (http://www.johnbridge.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=85639) some nice guy wrote.

We have switched to Fusion / Flexcolor / Plasma and never looked back. The new single component grouts are far superior IMHO.

Tool Guy - Kg
12-30-2016, 11:07 PM
If you're going with a cementitious grout...

Laticrete Permacolor WILL dry to your expected color. Follow the directions and you are set. It is the absolute most consistent color I've found of any cementitious grout. And the price is more than ordinary cementitious grouts, but not much. It's the only cementitious grout in dark gray or black that I've experienced drying to that actual color.

:)

z284u2try
12-31-2016, 07:02 PM
Thank you for the input guys.