Finishing pan trough drain added after pre and pan with regular flange [Archive] - Ceramic Tile Advice Forums - John Bridge Ceramic Tile

PDA

View Full Version : Finishing pan trough drain added after pre and pan with regular flange

Rigor
12-26-2016, 08:52 PM
THe shower is ready for standard 3 piece drain. after other tile guy left. She says she wants a trough drain. How do i connect that with normal drain flange, and does it require more parts. seemed it wasnt right. floating it in and just put exit over flange?

Sponsored Links

Houston Remodeler
12-26-2016, 08:53 PM
Brandon,

Welcome to the forum.

WHat is the waterproofing on the rest of the shower?

Rigor
12-26-2016, 08:58 PM
well no just pre slope and pan. She has a trough or trench drain with the exit on one side. Can i set it in dry pack with exit over the drain flange or do i need some kind of connector.

Tiger Mountain Tile Inc
12-26-2016, 09:25 PM
Take a look at the Aco drains. (http://www.contractorsdirect.com/Aco-linear-Drain-Stainless-Steel-Grates) Also the Quickdrains (same link) may work or even work better.

You need a drain that is for a conventional shower- it will fit directly into your shower drain. Don't get one that relies on a surface membrane or has a membrane attached. QD and Aco make both types.