Proper procedure for tiling a pool? [Archive] - Ceramic Tile Advice Forums - John Bridge Ceramic Tile

PDA

View Full Version : Proper procedure for tiling a pool?

Mr.Gamiochipi
12-22-2016, 01:20 PM
Would a high pressure water blasting of the concrete for prep... then ardex self-leveling... then a crack isolation membrane... then submersible thinnest, tiles and grout an appropriate method.

Assuming its water tight and appropriate expansion joints are accounted for.

I guess I'm more curious in finding self leveling cement and a crack isolation membrane that are submersible

Sponsored Links

MAPEI - Technical Service
12-22-2016, 01:30 PM
I don't know of many pool floors that are flat, most of them have a pitch. Self levelers aren't designed to be used in pitched areas. I think we'd need quite a bit more information to give you a useful response, do you have some pictures?

Mr.Gamiochipi
12-22-2016, 06:15 PM
I was purely curious as to what the best method is. Never done one and do not have one scheduled. Forgot about most pools being pitched... I was thinking of a lap pool where its 3ft the whole way. For a pitched pool is dry pack nessecary or can it be handled with floating ardex SD-P.

Never done anything that had to stand up underwater and was wondering what is the best way of tackling it.

cx
12-22-2016, 06:56 PM
Welcome, John. :)

Too many hypotheticals in there. Tell us specifically what application you're dealing with, including the existing substrate(s), and our folks will be happy to help.

Mr.Gamiochipi
12-22-2016, 09:33 PM
Ok how about water tight concrete, slop 3ft to 6ft over a span of 10 yards. Then 6ft to 10 over 5 yards. then 5 yards of 10ft on a 20x10yd pool. Using submersible mosaic ceramic tile, thinset and grout.

Would I be able to to use ardex sd-p underwater? Or what is the preferred way to to prep the substrate?

cx
12-22-2016, 10:20 PM
Lemme see maybe we can get one of our pool experts over here. Maybe I'm missing the point all together.