Should I re-grout my shower with epoxy? [Archive] - Ceramic Tile Advice Forums - John Bridge Ceramic Tile

PDA

View Full Version : Should I re-grout my shower with epoxy?

dzustee
12-08-2016, 09:31 PM
I have attached pictures of my shower floor. This is the original tile and grout. I clean this every eight months to a year or so. But now it's getting nasty looking again. My question is if I regrout my shower at least the floor, with epoxy grout, will I get less of this nasty build-up?
Except for the shower floor, that grout and tile are in amazing shape for being 38 years old.
Maybe this discussion belong in some existing threads? I don't know. Any help would be appreciated.

Sponsored Links

Grasshopper
12-08-2016, 09:46 PM
Try grouting it instead. Use the same as what's in there. It's holding back water that gets in the grout above. Grout will let it dry out quicker.

Also, clean it more than every 8 months (unless I misunderstood what you wrote). At least spray it with some tilex (or similar) more often and give it a quick scrub with a corner brush. Don't forget your soap scum is building up down there, which is food for some organic growth.

dzustee
12-08-2016, 10:33 PM
Yeah you read it right...sounds like it's a me problem! Guess I need to clean more often! Thanks