Radiant Heat System [Archive] - Ceramic Tile Advice Forums - John Bridge Ceramic Tile

PDA

View Full Version : Radiant Heat System

jbear666
07-17-2016, 07:16 PM
I was gonna start a thread similar to this one but I will just piggy back if that's ok.:idea:
I was planning on using the Nu Heat or warm wire spools and thermostat with the Ditra heat mat because I have used the Nu Heat before and was very happy with it. My questions: Are the Nu Heat/ Warm Wire the same thickness so that they fit into the mat properly like the Ditra Heat cables would? Is the Nu Heat sensor installed the same was as when using self leveler over it? Thanks for any info with this. Jeff

Sponsored Links

miss0033
07-18-2016, 07:44 AM
I used the SunTouch WarmWire, not the NuHeat, but maybe there are similar... I used WarmWire with the Ditraheat membrane. The Warmwire is thinner than DitraHeat, and if you arent careful it can pull out while installing. Also, something I learned afterwards, they recommend installing differently than Ditra Heat.

With normal Ditraheat you install every 3rd row, but warm wire recommends alternating 2 rows, 3 rows, 2 rows, 3 rows. Or if you prefer, every 2 rows. Installing on every 3rd row (like I did) my floor is as hot as it will get at about 86 degrees. Which is fine for us, but I know some people prefer temps into the 90s.