Terrazzo question [Archive] - Ceramic Tile Advice Forums - John Bridge Ceramic Tile

PDA

View Full Version : Terrazzo question

dalasgalas
06-26-2014, 06:59 PM
I want to install Terrazo tile from trend and can't find much about the installation.can I use thinset? And what about grout?

Www.trendterrazzo.com.

Sponsored Links

Peerless Tile
06-26-2014, 07:14 PM
It's all there on the website depending on which style you have chosen. This is for trend Q. It's located at the bottom of the color selection. http://www.trend-group.com/en_US/install-agglomerate

dalasgalas
06-26-2014, 07:18 PM
Yes thank you I read the entire website which is why I am posting here. The adhesive is it like thinset? There is no directive on how to purchase the adhesive only how to use it.

dalasgalas
06-26-2014, 07:24 PM
Mapei Granirapid is at Lowe's. Is this stuff as hard to work with as it appears? I plan on using 24 x 48 and 24 x 24 sheets of this stuff.

Peerless Tile
06-26-2014, 07:31 PM
You need to have your act together and be ready to go...hence rapid...make small batches and work small areas until you get a feel for it. It'll help you not waste product and please, by all means, mix it thoroughly as to not have a lumpy rapid problem. Read the technical data sheet on it if you haven't already.

http://www.mapei.com/public/US/products/Granirapid_System_EN_lr.pdf

dalasgalas
06-26-2014, 07:36 PM
Excellent. Thank you so much!

eurob
06-26-2014, 07:48 PM
Don't forget to use a mechanical leveling system , like MLT system . Flexible material is harder to install .

Flat preparation is also key with the type of material and sizes at hand .

dalasgalas
06-26-2014, 07:53 PM
I'm installing a countertop over 3/4 inch plywood. Do I need redguard in the sink area? Leveling will be a lot easier since I am the one installing the plywood.

Thank you Roberto. You are right it is a huge piece I'm installing.

Kman
06-26-2014, 09:57 PM
I've not found the need for waterproofing around a sink. If you wanted to, I imagine it wouldn't hurt to cover the cement board as much as you want, but it's probably not necessary, unless you're splashing a lot of water out while bathing a dog or something along those lines.

Peerless Tile
06-27-2014, 04:50 AM
Keep in mind the installation instructions I pointed out were for only one of the products they had listed. I don't know if the different products have a different process. make sure you check for the specific product you have chosen.

dalasgalas
06-27-2014, 06:57 AM
Sure will! Thanks!