Urethane grout vs cement grout [Archive] - Ceramic Tile Advice Forums - John Bridge Ceramic Tile

PDA

View Full Version : Urethane grout vs cement grout

tall cool one
04-16-2014, 11:38 AM
I'm sure this topic has probably been pounded to death. BUT, now it's my turn.

Last summer I used Quartz Lock2 grout on a basement family room project. The project turned out well, but getting that urethane up off the tile during cleanup phase was a bit of a bear.

This summer I want to set tile in my kitchen/great room and I am torn between using cement grout and using Quartz Lock2 again mainly due to the difficulty in removing the urethane and the cost of the product.

I am not a pro. My brother(who is helping to set the tile) and I are do it yourselfers who have a fair amount of experience in home projects so we're not pro's but we're not rookies either.

Sponsored Links

MAPEI - Technical Service
04-16-2014, 11:41 AM
Greg, cleanability can be a challenge for the ready to use grouts. Some new products have hit the market since your last project which are a bit easier to clean while providing the same functionality as the urethane grout you used. You can take a look at this thread for more info on one of ours (and request a free bucket to try):

http://www.johnbridge.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=111273