Tcna f113?? [Archive] - Ceramic Tile Advice Forums - John Bridge Ceramic Tile

PDA

View Full Version : Tcna f113??

Bruce H
10-06-2013, 04:50 AM
I am mostly in charge of design and construction observation of a bathroom addition for our gun club. No more Satellites!! I need help remembering the requirements for a CT floor; I don't have access to a TCNA handbook any more now that I'm retired.

The floor is a slab on grade concrete floor. The overall size of the entire addition is 24' x 24' with separate men's and women's bathrooms. The maximum overall dimension of each bathroom is about 11' x 24'. We are planning on using 12 x 12 floor tile. If I'm remembering right, that would be the F113 method, which would be simply a modified thinset directly over the slab? All I can find online is the pictorial for that on the TCNA website. I'm thinking one soft joint at approximately the center of the 24' dimension and a soft joint around the perimeter.

Just as an FYI, we are going floor to ceiling tile on the walls over Dens-shield with a modified thinset. They are talking about an 8 x 8 for the walls.

Any comments from the professionals are greatly appreciated.

Sponsored Links

tilejoe
10-06-2013, 06:30 AM
Sounds good to me.

Brad Denny
10-06-2013, 07:01 AM
I'll second, but add that some gun clubs are one of those places where it may go a few days here and there without any visitors. I'd consider the optional membrane as flashing around the perimeter for waterproofing and as a crack isolation membrane in the field. An overflowing toilet could at least be contained until the calvary arrives.

Bruce H
10-06-2013, 07:27 AM
Thanks for the quick responses. So it sounds like we have a good plan.

BTW, our club has 2 range attendants (club members) on duty from sunrise to sunset, 7 days a week. All members have to do a minimum of 2 range attendant duties per year in order to be a member.

Brad Denny
10-06-2013, 08:47 AM
Great arrangement!

Bruce H
10-06-2013, 09:05 AM
It is a great arrangement. Although it is kind of a PIA to have to do the range attendant duty, I would hate to see what our dues would be if we had to hire it out.

Our club is really good about getting people to volunteer. In fact, about 2/3 of the work on the addition will be volunteers with experience in the areas they are helping with. I and a couple other people will be doing the framing, sheathing and Dens-shield. We are hoping to find some tile setters in the membership. They talked to me about the tile, but I told them that while I have done a lot of residential-size projects, I didn't want to take on something this large. If they talked real nice to me, I might be convinced to help a professional!

Dave Taylor
10-06-2013, 09:55 AM
Bruce.....

Minnetonka Mn is one of my home areas.... you betcha dere. :--)

Where is you club located??

Bruce H
10-06-2013, 10:00 AM
We are just a few miles NW of Elk River