Carved/etched garden statue tile [Archive] - Ceramic Tile Advice Forums - John Bridge Ceramic Tile

PDA

View Full Version : Carved/etched garden statue tile

godsdad010
07-25-2012, 08:29 AM
Hello all!
Total newb here so be gentle. I'm working on a mosaic Jack Danials bottle garden statue (3x scale). I am using ceramic tile that I have carved into using my Dremmel. What I would like to do is paint the carved away parts of the tile and seal it. The lettering is carved all the way through the hard surface and is showing the porus center of the tile. Below on the #7 area it has just been rough etched so far(have not decided if I am going to carve deeper or just detail the etching more) If I do just leave it etched, any ideas on how to make it POP a bit more? seal it from weather?
Thanks for reading!

Sponsored Links

godsdad010
07-25-2012, 09:05 AM
Is there a "best" paint/primer to do this lettering or will any outdoor type do? Also sealing it, is it necessary or just do the grout lines?

Also It is an X-mas gift for the parents who live in AZ in the winters, it's basicly a big season long party down there!

godsdad010
08-01-2012, 10:36 AM
Ok I have another question...or 3
What kind of adhesive shold I use for my ceramic tiles to concret?
What kind of adhesive shold I use for my glass tiles to concret?
and what kind of grout should I use to tie it all together?
I have Lowes and Home Depot at my disposal.

Thanks again and I will post a few pics of progress

godsdad010
09-13-2012, 10:15 AM
here is a pic of the casted bottle and a pic of it in progress (little more to tile and need to grout it all and paint the etching)