Ceramic Tile Advice Forums - John Bridge Ceramic Tile

Welcome to John Bridge / Tile Your World, the friendliest DIY Forum on the Internet

Advertiser Directory
JohnBridge.com Home
Buy John Bridge's Books   Buy a TYW Shirt

Go Back   Ceramic Tile Advice Forums - John Bridge Ceramic Tile > Tile & Stone Forums > Tile Forum/Advice Board

Sponsors

Old 03-10-2012, 06:10 PM   #1
Lanwan60

Porcelain slate tile question

I am interested in putting Valleluga Pietra Lavica tiles in my kitchen/dining room area. It has a matte kind of rough finish. Any advice on these type of tiles such as wear, durability etc? It's going over a cement slab. The tiles are 12x12. What is the difference between these and say DalTile Continental Slate? I like the tiles just unsure of the finish. Thanks.
Old 03-10-2012, 07:01 PM   #2
cx
da Home-builder -- Moderator-at-Large

Welcome, Pat.

Well, that appears to be marketed as a porcelain tile if this is what you're looking at.

I'd need our friend Mick to translate the Eye-tallian for me, but I can pick out "ANSI A137,1 impervious porcelain tiles" in there, but not much else.

As such, you will know a good deal about the general characteristics of tile, but you'll still need to know what the manufacturer claims as to the glaze and color and such properties. I don't see any of that on that site.

Same for the Daltile, but I don't even find reference to A137.1 on their site. Advertisement says it's porcelain, but without an ANSI reference we don't really know what that means.

My opinion; worth price charged.

Y'ALL NEW VISITORS READ THISSY HERE! ......
cx is online now   Reply With Quote

Buy John's New Book!   Tile Your World Online Store   Contractors Direct Tile Tool Store   Stonetooling.com   Tile-Assn.com