Ceramic Tile Advice Forums - John Bridge Ceramic Tile

Welcome to John Bridge / Tile Your World, the friendliest DIY Forum on the Internet

Advertiser Directory
JohnBridge.com Home
Buy John Bridge's Books

Go Back   Ceramic Tile Advice Forums - John Bridge Ceramic Tile > Tile & Stone Forums > The Mud Box

Sponsors

Old 06-04-2011, 12:06 AM   #1
Shaughnn
Trowel Monkey

The Fourth Semi-Reg'lar Nor'western Bar-ba-palooza

Hello Folks,
I'd like to take this opportunity to remind people of a wonderful tradition Jerry the Tile Guy began a number of years ago. In honor of John Bridge making the arduous trek back to the mossy lands of his childhood, I'd like to invite y'alls over to my house to share a beverage and some other burnt offerings. We 're still working on the actual date, but so far we're inclined to Saturday, June 25 or Sunday, June 26th, in Kent, Washington.
This'll be an invitation to the many forum participants here in the Pacific Northwest. I've got a big lawn and plenty of buckets for sittin, with a swing set for kids if you find any along the way. Pot luck seems to be most civilized, but we'll be putting something on the grill and there'll be something cold for people to drink. Unlike Jerry's fine events of the past, I can't promise that there will be any door prizes other than a partial roll of Easymat that's been bouncing around in my garage for a couple of years and an unopened case of Simplemat, the origins of which completely mystify me. Just some nice people hanging out in hopefully nice weather taking home a few nice memories when the day comes to an end. Now, wouldn't that be nice?
Please let me know which days work best for people and if you are planning to attend so I know how many buckets to clean out and how big the beer budget is going to have to be. You can chime in here, send me a private message or even ring-a-ding me on telephone.
Hope y'all can join us!
Shaughnn
(425) 306-8884
Shaughnn is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-05-2011, 09:32 PM   #2
dhagin
builder, anti-builder, rebuilder -- Moderator

Thanks Shaughnn. Never made it to JTG's gig, maybe I'll make it to yours. Might have a project up in B'ham around then, i'll try to confirm schedules this week.

Sounds like a fun time, hope i can make it up or down there.

and it also sounds like you've got the makins for a few good door prizes too. might spur others to bring some, ahem, contributions.

"the road to hell is paved with osb, mastic, pre-mixed latex 'grout' or 'thinset', "
dhagin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2011, 09:41 PM   #3
Shaughnn
Trowel Monkey

I hope you can make it, Dana. So far, we've got Matt (Madrona Tile), Kevin (Topspin) and John. I like your idea of a "White Elephant" party, with only tile items to be exchanged. Lets see if that idea grows legs! No Tavy Pucks though. That wouldn't be sporting.
Shaughnn

Last edited by Shaughnn; 06-05-2011 at 10:45 PM.
Old 06-05-2011, 09:55 PM   #4
John Bridge
Mudmeister

Send a message via AIM to John Bridge
C'mon, Dana. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. Don't know who came up with that or when, but it's true. Loosen up, buddy.

JB Forums will supply the beer. You can state your preferences here. That's not saying it'll be there, but state your preference anyway.

I'm thinking Fat Tire, Corona, a little Heineken and . . . . ?
John Bridge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2011, 10:14 PM   #5
dhagin
builder, anti-builder, rebuilder -- Moderator

Ok, ok. I'm kinda bleery eyed right now, and just got the call yesterday while on the road. I just gotta see what she wants...

My only request for beer would be 'cold'.

"the road to hell is paved with osb, mastic, pre-mixed latex 'grout' or 'thinset', "
dhagin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2011, 10:17 PM   #6
gueuzeman

Sounds like a great event in the making. I will, unfortunately, be unable to attend as I am committed to do stage crew for a friend's band that is playing at a Harley rally in upstate N.Y. that day.

As to the beer, John, I would suggest that you support the local and regional economy of the Pacific northwest as it has some of the finest microbrews in the country, much like the fine folks at New Belgium Brewing in Colorado that make the Fat Tire you are so fond of.

gueuzeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2011, 10:32 PM   #7
Shaughnn
Trowel Monkey

Taking Gueuze's challenge to heart, I've just confirmed that our local Elysian Brewing Company is still collabeerating with New Belgium Brewing to produce very small runs. They currently have their "Trip III" recipe on tap here in Seattle, but when they run through the current batch they will probably whip up one of the other five variations. I'll call their business offices tomorrow to find out what they have planned for the end of June and to begin greasing the gears to get them to release a something for outside sales, if possible. Best of both worlds! New Belgium AND local!!!
Shaughnn
Old 06-05-2011, 10:53 PM   #8
madronatile
Tile Contractor -- Seattle, WA.

Either day works here, probably easier to drag the wife on a Saturday though.

Local? Didn't know there were options other than Rainier or Olympia. Country and western.

www.madronatile.com
madronatile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 12:15 AM   #9
Tiger Mountain Tile Inc
tile lackey

I'd be up for this. It's a "Think Tank" of sorts. . Either day would work for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhagin
Might have a project up in B'ham
Is Spokane in your work area, as well?

Quote:
Originally Posted by madronatile
Local? Didn't know there were options other than Rainier or Olympia.
If these were my options, I am not sure life would be worth living.
Old 06-06-2011, 12:18 AM   #10
Shaughnn
Trowel Monkey

Good to hear, Jim. I've been hoping to meet you for a while, and having you as my captive er, um, GUEST would be great!
Shaughnn
Old 06-06-2011, 12:54 AM   #11
Jhereg
Signature Tile - Owner

I'd love to attend, I think I have some tools I can even contribute to the white elephant thing. I won't bring the left handed marshaltown 1/4x1/4 I've had in my van for 6 months.

Last edited by Jhereg; 06-06-2011 at 01:05 AM.
Jhereg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 01:03 AM   #12
Shaughnn
Trowel Monkey

I certainly hope that you'll be able to join us, Chad. And bring your beautiful family too!
Shaughnn
Old 06-06-2011, 02:50 AM   #13
Trask
Oregon Tile Man

I'M THERE I got a bunch of new stories..some of which are actually true and...

...I have tons of tools I'd love to get rid of..er..uh..I mean give away as gifts

I drink cheap Nascar beer and to ensure I get the correct kind I always bring my own..to be clear this is a distinct step above the official 'Animal' beer of Clatsop Co. I was raised with...
Attached Images

http://bergersontile.blogspot.com/
Trask is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 08:07 AM   #14
Shaughnn
Trowel Monkey

Woot! We're going International now!!! I hope you'll be able to bring your family with you, Trask?
Shaughnn
Old 06-06-2011, 08:43 AM   #15
Trask
Oregon Tile Man

I'll bring my lovely wife for certain and most likely the kids...then again we might just leave them at home, have too much to drink and trash a hotel room

ED NOTE: true tile geeks would define "trashing a hotel room" as secretly tearing out and re-installing a proper kerdi shower in the room...without permission This could have real legs as thousands of tile geeks leave a wild convention like Coverings. Remind me at the BBQ for more ideas on this topic..including underground networks , 3 part harmony and tittle sponsors for the in-room rave install.

http://bergersontile.blogspot.com/

Last edited by Trask; 06-06-2011 at 08:48 AM.
Trask is offline   Reply With Quote

Stonetooling.com   Tile-Assn.com   National Gypsum Permabase