Ceramic Tile Advice Forums - John Bridge Ceramic Tile

Welcome to John Bridge / Tile Your World, the friendliest DIY Forum on the Internet

Advertiser Directory
JohnBridge.com Home
Buy John Bridge's Books   Buy a TYW Shirt

Go Back   Ceramic Tile Advice Forums - John Bridge Ceramic Tile > Tile & Stone Forums > Tile Forum/Advice Board

Sponsors

Old 07-27-2010, 09:28 AM   #1
phoebeslac

Looking for grout color for Chiaro Tumbled 4x4

Hi we are in the process of having our backsplash done with 4x4 Chiaro tumbled and antique bronze accent pieces. I have warm honey maple cabinets, with tropical brown granite counter tops.

I originally bought HD's polyblend grout in Sandstone, but now I am thinking the grout might be too dark. I do not want the emphasis to be on the grout. Any suggestions on a grout color that will blend nicely with the Chiaro?

Thanks!
Old 07-27-2010, 10:18 AM   #2
bbcamp

Pick out a lighter section of the tile and see if there is a grout that matches that shade. Do the same for the medium color and the dark. Get small bags of each and do a test board with some tile scraps. Seal them the way you intend to seal, then set the boards in the same room and under the same lighting as your kitchen. This is time and money well spent.
bbcamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 08:09 PM   #3
phoebeslac

Cool thanks

Thanks again Bob, took your advice and picked a grout. We are going with Canvas.
Old 07-27-2010, 08:14 PM   #4
bbcamp

All right!

Seriously, do a test board before committing to the entire project.
bbcamp is offline   Reply With Quote

Buy John's New Book!   Tile Your World Online Store   Contractors Direct Tile Tool Store   Stonetooling.com   Tile-Assn.com