Ceramic Tile Advice Forums - John Bridge Ceramic Tile

Welcome to John Bridge / Tile Your World, the friendliest DIY Forum on the Internet

Advertiser Directory
JohnBridge.com Home
Buy John Bridge's Books   Buy a TYW Shirt

Go Back   Ceramic Tile Advice Forums - John Bridge Ceramic Tile > Tile & Stone Forums > Cleaning, Restoration and Sealing

Sponsors

Old 07-26-2010, 12:56 PM   #1
UberDave

Grout Sealer on Granite?

I'm just finishing up a powder room renovation. I bought and applied the Dupont grout sealer on the floor successfully and am happy with how that has turned out. The container for this sealer briefly mentions that it can be applied on other stones (including granite) but there were no details and I think it was referring to tiling applications.

So the vanity top I installed is a polished granite and needs to be sealed (I've tested with water droplets). Thinking I needed a different sealer I bought some Dupont granite and marble counter top sealer but the instructions are nearly identical and only the application times are different.

Are these sealers the same? I have much more than I need of both sealers so I could return the counter top sealer before I open it.
Old 07-26-2010, 01:07 PM   #2
StoneTooling
Vending Machine

If you are looking for something that will kill 2 birds with 1 stone, you might want to consider something better overall. StoneTech's BulletProof or Impregnator Pro will seal both the granite and grout. Though a grout sealer can be used on stone, I wouldn't recommend it.

http://www.stonetechdirect.com/servl...ler/Categories

StoneTooling Now shipping internationally!

Visit us and purchase through the sponsored link at the bottom of the page to support the JB forums!

Contractors - send us your information to be listed on our contractor page.
StoneTooling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 04:47 PM   #3
GeorgeT
StoneTech Rep

Send a message via ICQ to GeorgeT
Sealer directions tend to be very similar, however the active ingredients may be very different.
In this case, Daniel's suggestion of a product that would do both materials was accurate. The Countertop Sealer will perform well on grout and granite, but the Grout Sealer is actually formulated to work best on cement-based products ..... it would no doubt function on the granite but the durability and length of life would not be as good as with another sealer such as the Countertop Sealer or the ones Daniel mentioned..........
http://www.stonetechpro.com/
GeorgeT is offline   Reply With Quote

Buy John's New Book!   Tile Your World Online Store   Contractors Direct Tile Tool Store   Stonetooling.com   Tile-Assn.com