Ceramic Tile Advice Forums - John Bridge Ceramic Tile Tile Monthly Magazine

Welcome to John Bridge / Tile Your World, the friendliest DIY Forum on the Internet

Advertiser Directory
JohnBridge.com Home
Buy John Bridge's Books   Buy a TYW Shirt

Go Back   Ceramic Tile Advice Forums - John Bridge Ceramic Tile > Tile & Stone Forums > Cleaning, Restoration and Sealing

Sponsors

Old 07-20-2009, 09:31 AM   #1
kysersohse

How to clean glass mosaic tile around a salt-water pool?

Folks, I have a glass mosaic tile around the perimeter of a salt-water pool and was curious as to recommendations on how you think I should clean it? It has been over a year and the white build-up, I am assuming salt, has gotten quite bad. Let me know what you think? Thanks, KS.
kysersohse is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-20-2009, 05:27 PM   #2
jerrymlr1

First check your ph. If it's high you can use muriatic acid, if you are aware of and comfortable with the dangers of muriatic acid. You can get your ph down at the same time. If it's low (which I doubt) I don't know what you can use other than elbow grease and maybe a scotchbrite pad. You can use the pad with the acid as well.
The salts are building up because the water is out of balance. The alkalinity and, hardness, and ph work together and if kept in check will minimize the buildup in most cases. Your pool guy needs to do a better job. If you are the pool guy..........
The salt level should be checked as well.
Old 04-16-2010, 01:35 PM   #3
pool tile cleanings
Pool tile cleaning man

Cleaning glass pool tile

Glass pool tile is difficult even for a professional to clean, The big warning I want to get out is Don’t let anybody bead blast your glass pool tile chances are extremely good they will frost the glass then put a color enhancer on it to make it look better, the problem is next year the calcium will be ten times worse and harder to get off. You must look for a company that soda blasts or even the patented Maxx clean system will work.
I Hope This Helps

Buy John's New Book!   Tile Your World Online Store   Contractors Direct Tile Tool Store   Stonetooling.com   Tile-Assn.com