Ceramic Tile Advice Forums - John Bridge Ceramic Tile

Welcome to John Bridge / Tile Your World, the friendliest DIY Forum on the Internet

Advertiser Directory
JohnBridge.com Home
Buy John Bridge's Books

Go Back   Ceramic Tile Advice Forums - John Bridge Ceramic Tile > Tile & Stone Forums > Tile Forum/Advice Board

Sponsors

Old 06-24-2007, 11:22 AM   #1
ck1995

Slip-Resistance, Shower Floor Tile????

O.K. I have searched the forum and the web for that matter and I can't find any clear cut guidelines on what is good to use for shower floor tile?

I know from what I have seen on the forum that mosaics are good due to more grout lines to grab your feet. I bought a 2x2 mosaic from HD that I was told is made for shower floors. Then I went on daltile's website and looked up the specs and it specifically says not to use for shower floors?? Due to slip issues?

It has a C.O.F. of 5, would that be enough with sanded grout to avoid a slip & slide environment in my shower?

I'm thinking it would be O.K. but I really don't want to have to deal with ripping it out if it is toooooo slippery
Old 06-24-2007, 12:05 PM   #2
scott anthony
Tile Man -- Central Florida

You can stick with most 2 x 2 mosaic style tiles and be OK. If your tile is too rough it will hold the soaps and dirt. So my answer is 2 x 2 in 12 x 12 sheets none glazed and not coarse. Oh and find a tile that you have to use sanded grout for sure, 1/8th lines are nice
Old 06-24-2007, 12:31 PM   #3
Mike2

Chuck, Daltile recommends a C.O.F. of 0.60 or greater for tile in wet areas. http://www.daltileproducts.com/factors.cfm

Go out to the Dal website and look up their Keystones collection. A through body porcelain, comes in 2x2 size, and works great for shower floors.

Last edited by Mike2; 06-24-2007 at 12:51 PM.
Mike2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Stonetooling.com   Tile-Assn.com   National Gypsum Permabase