Ceramic Tile Advice Forums - John Bridge Ceramic Tile

Welcome to John Bridge / Tile Your World, the friendliest DIY Forum on the Internet

Advertiser Directory
JohnBridge.com Home
Buy John Bridge's Books

Go Back   Ceramic Tile Advice Forums - John Bridge Ceramic Tile > Tile & Stone Forums > The Mud Box

Sponsors

Old 09-13-2003, 03:07 PM   #796
Maurizio Bertoli

Linda:

<Gotta remember that ploy!>

I sure wouldn't wanna crash into you! A foxy gal ... a bottle of red wine ... if you'd also throw in your famous chocolate Grand Marnier cheesecake, I'm 'fraid I'd fall for it!!
Maurizio
Old 09-16-2003, 05:17 PM   #797
sdaniels7114
Flooring Contractor

Two guys are sitting in a lifeboat, adrift at sea after the ship they were in sank. It's been several days. No food, no water, nothing but the hot sun and an endless ocean. Suddenly a lamp floats by. One of the men grabs it and gives it a rub! Out pops a genie!! The men are dumbfounded. One looks at the other and back at the genie and says: "How about our wishes?"

The genie replies: "I am an apprentice genie. I can only give but one wish. Use it wisely."

One of the men blurts out: "Make the ocean turn into beer!!!"

And so it happens. In a flash and puff of smoke the genie is gone and all of the water is replaced by the sweetest, most wonderful-tasting beer the world has ever seen. None of that silly European stuff!! Good ol' American Beer. Perhaps Bud or Miller lite.

The wisher seems happy; but, his friend is not

He looks over at the wisher and says: "You idiot!!! How in God's name could you do something as stupid as this!! Now, we'll have to PEE in the boat!!!

Steve D
sdaniels7114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2003, 11:05 PM   #798
fishinfarmgirl
da Cheerleader!

*chuckle!

L

"Great spirits have always encountered opposition from mediocre minds!" Albert Einstein
fishinfarmgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2003, 09:51 PM   #799

Talking

A man escapes from a prison where he had been kept for 15 years. As he runs away, he finds a house and breaks into it, looking for money and guns, but only finds a young couple in bed. He orders the guy out of bed and ties him up in a chair. While
tying the girl up to the bed, he gets on top of her, kisses her on the neck, then gets up, and goes to the bathroom.

While he's in there, the husband tells his wife, "Listen, this guy
is an escaped prisoner, look at his clothes! He probably spent lots of time in jail, and hasn't seen a woman in years. I saw how he kissed your neck. If he wants sex, don't resist, don't complain, just do what he tells you, just give him satisfaction. This guy must be dangerous, if he gets angry, he'll kill us. Be strong, honey. I love you."

To which the wife responds, "He was not kissing my neck. He was
whispering in my ear. He told me he was gay, thought you were cute, and asked if we kept any Vaseline in the bathroom. Be strong, honey, I love you, too."
Old 09-17-2003, 11:18 PM   #800
fishinfarmgirl
da Cheerleader!

Touchette!

L

"Great spirits have always encountered opposition from mediocre minds!" Albert Einstein
Old 09-18-2003, 05:09 AM   #801
tileguytodd
Official Felker Fanatic

this is wierd
Old 09-18-2003, 01:23 PM   #802
fishinfarmgirl
da Cheerleader!

I LOVE those mind twisting picture kinds of things!

Old 09-18-2003, 06:06 PM   #803
tileguytodd
Official Felker Fanatic

I'm not sure if this has been posted before or not.

At a recent computer expo (COMDEX), Bill Gates reportedly compared the computer industry with the auto industry and stated, "If GM had kept up with technology like the computer industry has, we would all be driving $25 cars that got 1,000 miles to the gallon."

In response to Bill's comments, General Motors issued a press release stating: If GM had developed technology like Microsoft, we would all be driving cars with the following characteristics:

1. For no reason whatsoever, your car would crash twice a day.

2. Every time they repainted the lines in the road, you would have to buy a new car.

3. Occasionally, your car would die on the freeway for no reason. You would have to pull over to the side of the road, close all of the windows, shut off the car, restart it, and reopen the windows before you could continue. For some reason you would simply accept this.

4. Occasionally, executing a maneuver such as a left turn would cause your car to shut down and refuse to restart, in which case you would have to reinstall the engine.

5. Macintosh would make a car that was powered by the sun, was reliable, five times as fast and twice as easy to drive - but would run on only five percent of the roads.

6. The oil, water temperature, and alternator warning lights would all be replaced by a single "This Car Has Performed An Illegal Operation" warning light.

7. The airbag system would ask, "Are you sure?" before deploying.

8. Occasionally, for no reason whatsoever, your car would lock you out and refuse to let you in until you simultaneously lifted the door handle, turned the key and grabbed hold of the radio antenna.

9. Every time a new car was introduced, car buyers would have to learn how to drive all over again because none of the controls would operate in the same manner as the old car.

10. You'd have to press the "Start" button to turn the engine off.
Old 09-19-2003, 12:58 AM   #804
jjwq8
Veteran Member -- Kuwait

Location: Q8; bigger than Rhode Island, hotter than Death Valley, drier than an Arbusto oil well.
My sukyaki special super zoom racer GTI Lux SL Boxter does all that anyway.
jjwq8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2003, 05:44 AM   #805
tileguytodd
Official Felker Fanatic

A Thought Provoking Statistic

Think about this:
a. The number of physicians in the US is 700,000.
b. Accidental deaths caused by Physicians per year is 120,000.
c. Accidental deaths per physician is 0.171. (US Dept. of Health & Human Services)

Then think about this:
a. The number of gun owners in the US is 80,000,000.
b. The number of accidental gun deaths per year is 1,500.
c. The number of accidental deaths per gun owner 0.0000188.

Statistically, doctors are approximately 9,000 times more dangerous thangun owners.

FACT: NOT EVERYONE HAS A GUN, BUT ALMOST EVERYONE HAS AT LEAST ONE
DOCTOR.

Please alert your friends to this alarming threat. We must ban doctors before this gets out of hand.

As a public health measure, I have withheld the statistics on lawyers for fear that the shock could cause people to seek medical attention.

Sorry Nick,couldnt help myself......
Old 09-19-2003, 06:31 AM   #806
jjwq8
Veteran Member -- Kuwait

Location: Q8; bigger than Rhode Island, hotter than Death Valley, drier than an Arbusto oil well.
OK
but don't hold your breath to hear the first "is there a gunowner in the house".
jjwq8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2003, 09:06 AM   #807
turracemsar
Nick, da Lawyer

Everyone, repeat after me, lawyers are our friends, lawyers are our friends.

If you repeated that sentence please send me $5 as I had it copyrighted last week.
turracemsar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2003, 11:40 AM   #808
tileguytodd
Official Felker Fanatic

Or more appropriately
Lawyers R Friends........they golf together ,they fish together, they work out deals together,and never ever turn your back on a lawyer when playing Golf......

Got outa that copywrite thing didnt i
Old 09-19-2003, 03:56 PM   #809
tileguytodd
Official Felker Fanatic

Another wierd print.
Old 09-19-2003, 04:54 PM   #810
John Bridge
Mudmeister

Send a message via AIM to John Bridge
Nick,

Todd really likes you. It's all those other lawyers he's talking about.

Are lawyers still called barristers across the pond?
John Bridge is offline   Reply With Quote

Stonetooling.com   Tile-Assn.com   National Gypsum Permabase