Ceramic Tile Advice Forums - John Bridge Ceramic Tile

Welcome to John Bridge / Tile Your World, the friendliest DIY Forum on the Internet

Advertiser Directory
JohnBridge.com Home
Buy John Bridge's Books   Buy a TYW Shirt

Go Back   Ceramic Tile Advice Forums - John Bridge Ceramic Tile > Tile & Stone Forums > Tile Forum/Advice Board

Sponsors

Old 03-26-2006, 08:05 AM   #1
dawn68

Question Need a Grout Color for Chiaro Tumbled Marble Backsplash--Help!

I'll be ready to grout tomorrow. I've tiled my backsplash in the kitchen and small butler's pantry area. I did a 'test' in the pantry, using antique white grout, with the Chiaro tumbled marble tiles, and I hated it. The whole pattern was lost, it all just blended together. Well, I've removed that, and am almost ready to grout the whole kitchen. I went back to Lowes, and got the only other color that could work--marble beige--I did a test w/that, and the color is again, almost the same as the antique white. Help!

I'll be going to HD later today, does anyone have any color suggestions??? I don't want too dark, but I don't want it all to blend together either.

Thanks for any help.

Dawn
dawn68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-26-2006, 08:23 AM   #2
mrjetskey

a lot of it depends on the other colors you have in your kitchen ,not just the color of the tile ,the reason i say this is many times well 3 out of 7 tile jobs my wife has had to take the grout back and get a different color,if you have reddish countertops for instance you might choose a grout that is brought out more by them,it truly is a personal preference,heck i even did my office floor with a grey grout and the tile colors are green and an off white pattern.i thought no way but wife said try it and lo and behold it was perfect.the countertops and accent wall color can be used to help choose a grout color,but for every designer you asked there would probably be a different color or variation there of.that is why there is so many grout colors,ps. you can always change the grout color after a year or two if you get bored with it by using a colorant.good luck and happy grouting!!!
Old 03-26-2006, 10:55 AM   #3
Mike2

Go to HD with a tile and check out Bone, Linen, and Oyster Grey in the Custom PolyBlend line of grouts.

Mike2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2006, 03:56 PM   #4
Turangi

I would take a look at a tried and true grey, looks quite nice with the stone. It was the standard for many years before colored grouts came along. John.
Turangi is offline   Reply With Quote

Buy John's New Book!   Tile Your World Online Store   Contractors Direct Tile Tool Store   Stonetooling.com   Tile-Assn.com