Ceramic Tile Advice Forums - John Bridge Ceramic Tile

Welcome to John Bridge / Tile Your World, the friendliest DIY Forum on the Internet

Advertiser Directory
JohnBridge.com Home
Buy John Bridge's Books

Go Back   Ceramic Tile Advice Forums - John Bridge Ceramic Tile > Tile & Stone Forums > Tile Forum/Advice Board

Sponsors

Old 01-02-2018, 02:30 PM   #1
surgeon

Shower floor grout question

Hi All,
I think I posted the question in wrong forum before. Oops. I am in the middle of shower project. We took out the tub and made into shower. Finished mud floor, and tiling almost done.

For grout, I used spectralock in the past and it is holding up well. Lowes no longer carries spectralock. Checking Homers, found Fusion Pro.

I read the Fusion Pro thread. Is this stuff ok for shower floor and walls? Or should I avoid this within the shower?

Thanks,
Vic
Old 01-02-2018, 03:28 PM   #2
rmckee84

Do not use fusion pro...if you were ok with spectralock call around and see if any of your local flooring stores are laticrete distributors. If you cant find any locally it is available online.
rmckee84 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2018, 08:16 PM   #3
surgeon

Yep. Will try my best.

I stopped by Bedrosians and Elmer Tile. Neither carries mini, only gallon ones. At Bedrosians, I told them I need one color for 60 sq ft and one for 110 sq ft. Then they said mini would be special order and cannot return any excess for 108 each. The other place will not even special order, only take what is there. Either place, if the color is not available, need to wait 7-10 days for any orders (regular or special). Will call couple more places tomorrow and may be check online as well to see ship time.

FP will cost me 40 + 40. So I am expecting spectralock to double. It would work out in the long run though, if I am able to get it.
Old 01-02-2018, 08:23 PM   #4
surgeon

I see online that I can get one unit part AB. This I only would need 1 full unit and split for two....

Part C is the color which I would need to order locally if possible or also check online...
Old 01-03-2018, 09:04 PM   #5
surgeon

Got spectralock pro today. Went to Bedrosians distribution store, which was actually close to the other one that said they did not have the part C colors (89, 90) I needed.

So it cost 125 and also got the 2 caulk colors 10. Not bad considering total was only 50 more than planned. I will even have bunch of part C left over, which is fine. If I ever need again, I will only need part AB.

Stonetooling.com   Tile-Assn.com   National Gypsum Permabase