Ceramic Tile Advice Forums - John Bridge Ceramic Tile

Welcome to John Bridge / Tile Your World, the friendliest DIY Forum on the Internet

Advertiser Directory
JohnBridge.com Home
Buy John Bridge's Books

Go Back   Ceramic Tile Advice Forums - John Bridge Ceramic Tile > Tile & Stone Forums > Tile Forum/Advice Board

Sponsors

Old 12-03-2017, 02:59 PM   #1
tilempls

Non Pigmented grout for Cement tile?

Hi all, I'm installing a black and white patterned 8x8 cement tile by cle.
After sealing with miracle porous plus and installing the manufacturer recommends using only non pigmented unsanded grout in a 1/16 joint.
Does anyone know of a true non pigmented grout on the market?

I've installed this tile before and even after several coats of sealant a test showed that the grout pigment severely stained the finish. After all was said and done I had to tape all vertical and horizontal joints and completed the grout in 2 passes. It looked great with no staining but was long on labor.

Natural grey was historically a non-pigmented grout but after reaching out to custom and laticrete it seems that all off the shelf grouts are pigmented.

Any help? Portland grout recipes?
Old 12-03-2017, 03:41 PM   #2
rmckee84

I can honestly say I have come across this. I know a lot of guys that use pigmented grout on cement tile without issue. Not to say they've installed the exact tile you're referring to. I would suggest a single component like Flexcolor CQ if not in a wet area. The color is actually in the quartz aggregate so staining wouldnt be an issue.
rmckee84 is offline   Reply With Quote

Stonetooling.com   Tile-Assn.com   National Gypsum Permabase