Ceramic Tile Advice Forums - John Bridge Ceramic Tile

Welcome to John Bridge / Tile Your World, the friendliest DIY Forum on the Internet

Advertiser Directory
JohnBridge.com Home
Buy John Bridge's Books

Go Back   Ceramic Tile Advice Forums - John Bridge Ceramic Tile > Tile & Stone Forums > The Mud Box

Sponsors

Old 02-08-2018, 07:18 PM   #241
smifwal

I do the same thing I will take a picture of the first lot I pushed for my company they said and I quote, "this will be a easy one for you to get your feet wet". What a lie that was. They would ask what is taking so long? The next year my bosses boss who is my boss now came out to help me and shit you not backed the owner's truck into a handicap piller. I said what happened to your bed? His response was priceless. This lot is a pain in the a$$
Old 02-08-2018, 07:33 PM   #242
evan1968
Not So Senior Contributor

That is funny.
Sometimes the easy ones are the hardest.
The owner of the company has the route next to mine. He was done with his and called to see if I needed a hand. I said sure, grab the firehouse/church. (They are on the border of both our routes). They share a parking lot so it's like a 2 for 1. It's a U shaped lot with the pad of the front of the firehouse being separated from the U. It's a real thinker when you haven't done it before. You almost have to think 3 pushes ahead of yourself. If you don't you end up with piles everywhere and wondering how you got turned around so many times. So anyway he gets done and calls out on the radio..." I'm never doing that lot again. You can have that one". I went over later to see his handiwork. Looked like Stevie Wonder was driving the truck and Ray Charles was running the plow controls. What a mess. I vowed never to send him there again.
evan1968 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2018, 09:12 PM   #243
smifwal

LMAO. Hey boss we will go ahead and take care of that one from here on out. The jack ass that I have in my zone after this storm coming up is over, I think we are going to have to go to lunch and have a sit down. From what I remember from talking to him he has never been on a small lot. we talked the other night and he had no idea when and where you should back drag he would just push to it. So I am thinking well hell maybe he just doesn't understand the fundamentals of this cause he has never done this kind of plowing. I want to give the guy the benefit of the doubt cause he is a really nice guy and he works hard. I hope he has a open mind and is accepting of my advice. Because at this point he is more of a problem than a solution to servicing out clients
Old 02-08-2018, 09:44 PM   #244
evan1968

Lunch huh?
When management is going to get rid of someone they have them bring in the truck for "routine maintenance" and the pad in for "software updates". That way the truck and pad are back at the shop and not screwed around with. The hammer comes down, last check is issued and a ride home is offered.
Routine maintenance and software updates are the kiss of death.
Old 02-09-2018, 06:39 AM   #245
smifwal

Yeah to have a come to Jesus moment. The guy that taught me how to lay carpet would invite you to his house for supper. It only took once. I got my shit together. This guy would do anything for you. You need a loan he would spot you help on one of your side jobs he would come out but he expected you to give him your all at work and treat his company like it was you own. If you didn't you were gone no second chances. So that is how I treat help. I don't get to fire people. Which is probably for the best this guy would have been gone in the middle of event 3 he didn't show for event 1 both trucks broke down. I express concerns with the office and the say sometimes you just need a warm body and I agree with that to a certain extent(not in this case). So when they ask me what is taking so long I will tell them we are cleaning up after the warm bodies, sorry
Old 02-09-2018, 07:07 AM   #246
evan1968

No bodies are sometimes better than warm bodies.
We have had mass texts go out in the middle of an event that employee X has been fired and to block their number. Must have been something good, they drove a 650 salt truck.
Old 02-09-2018, 10:45 AM   #247
smifwal

Employee X must have ran over somebody. You are preaching to the choir brother. They may get that parking lot driveable for the time being but how quickly it can it can reach the point of no return and I have to gravel to parking lot to salvage it.
Old 02-09-2018, 04:32 PM   #248
evan1968

My weather app has a sense of humor....
Attached Images

Old 02-09-2018, 04:56 PM   #249
smifwal

I expect to see you pushing snow from november to april non stop when you post something about tile, I think man they must be having a dry spell up there
Old 02-09-2018, 05:28 PM   #250
evan1968

Lol....yeah. Its really weird this snow season, snow and tile have meshed pretty well. Only a few times have I had to go right from one to the other. I have learned to function on very little sleep in the winter.
There has been a few times where pushing snow has been more lucrative than tile.
Old 02-09-2018, 06:57 PM   #251
evan1968

Shawn....tell the wife you need to pick up that Smith in Newark. Ya gotta experience at least one good 8-10" blast. Bring Mullet with ya. He can ride around saying "that's cool!" all night long.
Old 02-09-2018, 07:16 PM   #252
smifwal

I hope to get up there before the end of the season I am sure yours runs longer than ours

mullet please add your geographical location to your profile so we can see where abouts you are.

That sounded official didn't it,
Old 02-09-2018, 08:23 PM   #253
evan1968

Very official!

Worth price charged.
(now it's official)
Old 02-09-2018, 08:38 PM   #254
smifwal

Lol we are thinking alike more and more cause I almost said I could give CX a run for his money I typed it but then I was a lil scared so I deleted it
Old 02-09-2018, 08:47 PM   #255
mullet
░░░░░░░

Florida my frozen friends.

Stonetooling.com   Tile-Assn.com   National Gypsum Permabase