Ceramic Tile Advice Forums - John Bridge Ceramic Tile

Welcome to John Bridge / Tile Your World, the friendliest DIY Forum on the Internet

Advertiser Directory
JohnBridge.com Home
Buy John Bridge's Books

Go Back   Ceramic Tile Advice Forums - John Bridge Ceramic Tile > Tile & Stone Forums > Tile Forum/Advice Board

Sponsors

Old 11-13-2015, 06:39 PM   #31
JCubed

Getting back around to more work on this finally...
I've decided that if I do a curb I will use bricks, but began wondering if my room setup will lend itself to a curbless entry. I wasn't sure of the difficulty it would entail being that this is SOG. To give perspective, in the picture (I apologize it's not very good) I plan to bring the entry to the edge of the concrete board as seen on the left. I have glass block to install as high as necessary to come from the right wall to approximately just past the edge of the toilet. You can see where 2 shower heads are positioned currently on the left wall. I was hoping at the very least to be able to make this doorless with the glass block preventing some potential from water splashing out.

If things go as planned I hope to have the remaining concrete board hung and the floor poured in the next 2 weeks!
Attached Images

Old 11-13-2015, 07:48 PM   #32
Kman

To do a curbless, you would have to take out all the concrete in the shower area so it could be lowered.

The top ten reasons to procrastinate:

Kman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2018, 11:50 PM   #33
JCubed

Well after many setbacks and years of procrastinating Iíve been pushing to finally get this bathroom finished. Walls are up and Iím looking to get some advice on if the holes for the pipe nipples are acceptable.
I unfortunately didnít do a great job of measuring for these and had to redo. I am using Kerdi pipe seal and if I proceed there will be a small amount of Kerdi spanning the extra gap around the pipe Iíve created. Question is do I need to redo the drywall or am I safe to just use the pipe seal over top. The trim piece for the shower heads and body sprays will be sealed to the tile as well obviously.
Attached Images

Old 02-04-2018, 12:31 AM   #34
CaliGrown

Youíre good to go with the pipe seal, carry on

Stonetooling.com   Tile-Assn.com   National Gypsum Permabase