Ceramic Tile Advice Forums - John Bridge Ceramic Tile

Welcome to John Bridge / Tile Your World, the friendliest DIY Forum on the Internet

Advertiser Directory
JohnBridge.com Home
Buy John Bridge's Books

Go Back   Ceramic Tile Advice Forums - John Bridge Ceramic Tile > Tile & Stone Forums > Professionals' Hangout

Sponsors

Old 02-10-2014, 03:31 PM   #1
personalt

Leveling System for 6"x24" Plank Install

I am contemplating using a leveling system on a 6"x24" fake 'wood plank' install later in the week. Customer sent me a camera phone shot of the tile (bought from BuildDirect). The bevel looks smaller that I would have liked. Add that to the fact that the tiles were $1.50 per square I am a bit nervous of bowing and small bevel combination. I realize I cant fix the bowing, I just want to make the most of the situation. I was looking at doing a running bond with a 1/3 offset.

I was thinking about the Raimondi leveling system I am trying to determine if that is the best system for what I want to do and I want to double check my quantity.
If I were to do one for every T you would have 2 spacers per every 2 linear feet of horizontal seam or 1 per linear foot of horizontal seam. You then have 2 rows per foot as tiles are 6" wide. Therefore it would seem it seem you would need 2 Raimondi spacers per square foot with a few regular spacers on the short edge.

If did them offset from the corners I am wondering if I need to add more.. I will attach some pictures... I see some threads on Raimondi but nothing that seemed to praise it or bash it... I considered TLS or MLT systems but because of the small size of the tiles I think me and crew could use more then 500 caps in a day which would make it too expensive to jump in on a job with such small of a tile. I dont do that much large format or marble where I think these systems would really shine. I will attach pictures in another post...
Old 02-10-2014, 08:40 PM   #2
Swedes Tile

I just did a plank tile job that was 1200 sq.ft. We flashed the floors first and laid the tiles with a 1/2 by 1/2 trowel and it came out quite nice even though most of the tiles were warped.
Swedes Tile is offline   Reply With Quote

Stonetooling.com   Tile-Assn.com   National Gypsum Permabase