Ceramic Tile Advice Forums - John Bridge Ceramic Tile

Welcome to John Bridge / Tile Your World, the friendliest DIY Forum on the Internet

Advertiser Directory
JohnBridge.com Home
Buy John Bridge's Books   Buy a TYW Shirt

Go Back   Ceramic Tile Advice Forums - John Bridge Ceramic Tile > Tile & Stone Forums > Tile Forum/Advice Board

Sponsors

Old 03-25-2013, 10:51 AM   #1
windgate98

Bathroom Tile to hardwood transition/threshold

I am starting the floor tile in my bathroom remodel, but want to have the door threshold resolved before I start laying out the tile. Attached is a picture of the bathroom threshold, I am laying Ditra on top of the plywood prior to tile. The tile will end up being about - higher than the existing hardwood. A marble threshold is probably not going to work in this area.

Also attached are two photos of an existing threshold between my TV room and kitchen. I like how this wooden threshold was done and would like to replicate at the bathroom. I have searched HD and Lowes and could not find anything similar. Any other ideas where to look for pre-made thresholds such as this? Online?
Attached Images

Old 03-25-2013, 12:33 PM   #2
Bodie Powers
Retired cabinet maker/remodeler

Andrew, you'll need a transition piece similar to what's pictured below. If you have a shop with a table saw you can make one yourself otherwise check with your local hardwood supplier or a flooring retailer for pre-made transition reducer moulding.
Attached Images

Buy John's New Book!   Tile Your World Online Store   Contractors Direct Tile Tool Store   Stonetooling.com   Tile-Assn.com