Ceramic Tile Advice Forums - John Bridge Ceramic Tile

Welcome to John Bridge / Tile Your World, the friendliest DIY Forum on the Internet

Advertiser Directory
JohnBridge.com Home
Buy John Bridge's Books

Go Back   Ceramic Tile Advice Forums - John Bridge Ceramic Tile > Tile & Stone Forums > The Mud Box

Sponsors

Old 04-17-2013, 02:12 PM   #1
josephlewis

skid steer

Anyone here own a skid steer. Thinking about getting a used Bobcat, JD, Cat, or Case. Against New Holand only because the local dealership only cares about fixing combines. I will be using it for general construction work, mesquite clearing, and ag use. Any information would be helpful.

If this is way too off accepted topics, I apologize

Round Rock, TX
josephlewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-17-2013, 02:23 PM   #2
jgleason
Moderator - Theatre Guy (and computers)

Hi Joseph,
I moved your thread over to the "mud box". I've only used Bobcats before. Great little machines. Wish I owned one.
jgleason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 03:00 PM   #3
Dave Gobis
da Man!

I had a Bobcat, tore up the yard too much. Have a John Deere 3520 tractor now with some impliments. Does everything I want it to.
Dave Gobis is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 03:31 PM   #4
cx
da Home-builder -- Moderator-at-Large

Have used a Bobcat skid-steer a number of times and hired them and other brands used even more often and they have their place. 'Specially inside the forms for concrete slab preparation.

But, like Gobis, I much favor a medium sized tractor with a front loader and three-point hitch with PTO. Much more versatile than the Bobcat for my money. Kubota is the brand with which I have the most experience and have nothing bad to say about'em.

Y'ALL NEW VISITORS READ THIS HERE!
cx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 04:53 PM   #5
josephlewis

I already have (shared with my father) a John Deere 4020 and John Deere 6403. Just that a 10K lb tractor is now always the most convenient on a job.

Round Rock, TX
josephlewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 05:33 PM   #6
Richard Tunison
Retired Tile Contractor

Joseph,,,,, check out this site. It's all about IH Cub Cadet garden tractors. Many have been fitted with a front end loader. They can handle almost all ground engaging implements for Ag. purposes and are easily maneuvered around tight confines. There are many members on the forum in Texas and I'll bet a guy named Myron Bounds could fix you up with what you want. Parts for the machine are readily available. Stop in ,,,,, say hi and ask your questions.

http://www.ihcubcadet.com/forum/mess...tml?1316124587
Attached Images

Old 04-17-2013, 05:45 PM   #7
jerrymlr1

I came very close to buying one. I looked em over good. If you google any particular brand you will usually come up with a forum and opinions. I narrowed it down to the Takeuchi 140 or 150. With an AC cab. Ritchie Brothers auction always has a good assortment and has all the specs on each machine. Once registered you can browse thru the action results to see how much they have sold for in the past.
jerrymlr1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Stonetooling.com   Tile-Assn.com   National Gypsum Permabase