Ceramic Tile Advice Forums - John Bridge Ceramic Tile

Welcome to John Bridge / Tile Your World, the friendliest DIY Forum on the Internet

Advertiser Directory
JohnBridge.com Home
Buy John Bridge's Books

Go Back   Ceramic Tile Advice Forums - John Bridge Ceramic Tile > Tile & Stone Forums > Professionals' Hangout

Sponsors

Old 12-01-2010, 11:40 AM   #16
Tiger pilot

2011 TCNA Handbook Changes

Absolutely Cameron - anyone can call TCNA and purchase, but ask your local mfg suppliers and most will provide you a copy for free.
Also let me suggest you reconsider joining National Tile Contractors Association - you CAN afford that because of(A) they GIVE you coupons worth more than the cost of your membership, (B) they give you their Reference Manual which will also include the TCNA handbook - and keep you from making errors that will cost you thousands of dollars in mistakes, and (C) they will provide a network of others doing EXACTLY what you do daily to call and discuss your situations with.
Call 601-939-2071 and speak with Jim Olsen to see how easy and great it is to belong.
Steve
Cell 404-281-2218
Rauschsteve@comcast.net
Tiger pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 11:46 AM   #17
cx
Da Home Builder

TCNA Handbook is available to anyone, Cameron. Check their site.

All the publications in the ceramic tile industry are far more reasonably priced than the stone industry stuff. Always seems like you stone guys really don't want anyone else to be familiar with your recommendations and requirements, eh?

Try not to confuse the TCNA with the NTCA.

Y'ALL NEW VISITORS READ THIS HERE!
cx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 11:57 AM   #18
Tiger pilot

2011 TCNA Handbook Changes

CX is correct that the marble/stone business has been very difficult to get info from - which is why the 2011 TCNA Handbook now includes those assemblies into that document. As well as glass tile assemblies which have also been very difficult to get.
The TCNA is Tile Council which is mostly mfg members
The NTCA is the Tile Contractors association which is targeted to the installation community
Both are good organizations but with the allignment of the two the ENTIRE industry gains and grows.
Also be aware of CTEF - Ceramic Tile Education Foundation, which is the installer education and verification group to certify installers who meet high quality standards,
CTDA - which is the Ceramic Tile Distributors Assn - targeting tile distributors mostly.
One final group to be aware of - CTIOA - which is west coast based Ceramic Tile Institute of America and they really help installers as well as mfg and dist to improve our industry.
Steve
Cell 404-281-2218
Rauschsteve@comcast.net
Tiger pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 12:14 PM   #19
Stone Dude

I did confuse the TCNA with the NTCA.

I see the value in both, however I am not a tile setter. I started my own stone refinishiing company seperate from my dads (MilleStone) company, but we will still be coordinating with each other.

I will check out all of these organizations. I dont ever plan on being a tile installation contractor, but I do want to learn as much as I can.

Thank you for the information.

yes the stone industry charges way too mcuh for their literature and print.

MilleStone Marble and Tile Inc.
MillestoneMarble.com
Stone Dude is offline   Reply With Quote

Stonetooling.com   Tile-Assn.com   National Gypsum Permabase