Ceramic Tile Advice Forums - John Bridge Ceramic Tile

Welcome to John Bridge / Tile Your World, the friendliest DIY Forum on the Internet

Advertiser Directory
JohnBridge.com Home
Buy John Bridge's Books

Go Back   Ceramic Tile Advice Forums - John Bridge Ceramic Tile > Tile & Stone Forums > Tile Forum/Advice Board

Sponsors

Old 01-09-2018, 08:51 PM   #1
Stan W

Mosiac tile placement question

As a newbie when it comes to mosiac tiles some advise from those who have done this before would be greatly appreciated.
Is there an order that Mosiac tile should be placed or is it just what ever comes out of the box next. I am installing 12 inch square interlocking mosiac tiles that have a mesh backing. Each sheet is a mixture of ceramic,glass and metal tiles .They all seem to be random in how the tiles are layed out on each sheet,but I did notice some of the sheets are almost copies of others.
I have watched countless videos on how to do a mosiac backsplash and no body yet has even mentioned if there is a certain order they are to be placed or that you just grab the next one in the box.Is there a system,methode ,for choosing the next one or am I just over thinking this whole thing.
Old 01-09-2018, 09:01 PM   #2
Houston Remodeler
Pondering retirement daily

STAR Senior Contributor

Stan

Our goal is to eliminate sheet marks as much as possible. By that I mean the ability to see the outline of the individual sheets after grouting. This is accomplished by looking at all the sheets prior to install. Sometimes we sort them into piles of identical sheets, then separate the copies.

If these are horizontal bars, we like to slit the sheets say at 3 or 4 inch intervals so we can offset the sheets and help hide the sheet marks.

For when DIY isn't such a good idea...
Houston TX area Kitchen & Bath Remodeling

http://CabotAndRowe.com
Houston Remodeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2018, 10:48 AM   #3
Stan W

Thank you for reply,that helps clear up some of the confusion.I will start sorting out them into piles and get a better idea of what goes together and what doesn't

Stonetooling.com   Tile-Assn.com   National Gypsum Permabase