Ceramic Tile Advice Forums - John Bridge Ceramic Tile

Welcome to John Bridge / Tile Your World, the friendliest DIY Forum on the Internet

Advertiser Directory
JohnBridge.com Home
Buy John Bridge's Books

Go Back   Ceramic Tile Advice Forums - John Bridge Ceramic Tile > Tile & Stone Forums > Tile Forum/Advice Board

Sponsors

Old 01-13-2018, 07:04 PM   #31
Mr_Stop
Home Remodeler

Just saw this thread. To answer your question (if you haven't already), yes the tub goes on top of the subfloor. I don't think it's necessary to add the underlayment.

I noticed that you have copper drain pipes. My remodeling standard for '50's era homes with copper has been to pretty much replace the copper drain pipes and venting with pvc if possible and accessible. It's not uncommon for the copper drain and vent pipes to start to develop soft spots and eventually start leaking. If you plan on keeping the copper drains, at least check carefully while everything is still open. The good news is that you can more than makeup the material cost if you scrap the copper.

Stonetooling.com   Tile-Assn.com   National Gypsum Permabase