Ceramic Tile Advice Forums - John Bridge Ceramic Tile

Welcome to John Bridge / Tile Your World, the friendliest DIY Forum on the Internet

Advertiser Directory
JohnBridge.com Home
Buy John Bridge's Books

Go Back   Ceramic Tile Advice Forums - John Bridge Ceramic Tile > Tile & Stone Forums > Tile Forum/Advice Board

Sponsors

Old 01-06-2018, 05:29 PM   #1
woodroe

1" hex mosaic, adding border tiles

I am installing 12" x 12" 1" hex mosaic tile to my bathroom floor and shower with border tiles placed in the sheets. Two rows of an accent tile every other tile. I laid out and cut all the tile and marked the location of all the tiles to be taken out and replaced with the border color. I then took the sheets, cut out the tiles to be removed, placed in the border pieces and put masking tape over the surface to hold them in place. My problem is that when the masking tape is applied it pulls the sheet together slightly and messes up the sheet spacing.

What advice can you offer? Different tape? I will be a real drag to place 500 tiles individually on my knees. Do I have options?

Thanks, Steve
woodroe is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-06-2018, 05:48 PM   #2
rmckee84

They make clear sticky sheeting for mosaics like a clear contact paper.
rmckee84 is offline   Reply With Quote

Stonetooling.com   Tile-Assn.com   National Gypsum Permabase