Ceramic Tile Advice Forums - John Bridge Ceramic Tile

Welcome to John Bridge / Tile Your World, the friendliest DIY Forum on the Internet

Advertiser Directory
JohnBridge.com Home
Buy John Bridge's Books

Go Back   Ceramic Tile Advice Forums - John Bridge Ceramic Tile > Tile & Stone Forums > Tile Forum/Advice Board

Sponsors

Old 04-29-2002, 08:54 PM   #1
lowella

Hey friends-

The floor (& most of kitchen) are finally finished! Perhaps I shouldn't say that yet. There are 2 tiles that weren't put down yet because we returned the cutter before setting them & they didn't fit (duh) But I finished laying the tiles last week and it looks (overall) GREAT considering it was my first tiling job and all those layers we had to put down. Of course I had the help of friends which was invaluable!

I WILL be putting a website up. I just don't know when. There are lots of big changes going on in our lives at the moment aside from our little kitchen project...

Anyway - wanted to follow up. I appreciate the responses on the floor swelling/waviness. I think John has got to be right as they mixed it carefully but there was some pooled water on the top surface after they finished (I trusted some close friends to read the chapters and follow the procedure) - anyway - as long as it doesn't matter except for aesthetics, we'll live with it happily now that everything is done. I think the guys had a tough time with it when it was dryer and said they needed to add water to get it a smooth screed out of it.

One other thing to report. And I apologize a million times over. The heating cable is NOT bad, that we know of. It was a terrible practical joke by some people we used to call "friends" (ok we're still talking I guess) - they are MASTERS at practical jokes - down to the infloor label on the envelope, phone messages from the company, the letterhead...you name it. And, I'm a big fat sucker.

I hope that no one decides not to buy from the company I bought from because of my first post - but, hopefully my website will make up for it with extra promotion for them!

Oh, what did the ambulance photo mean?

Andy
lowella is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-29-2002, 09:11 PM   #2
flatfloor
"da Leveler"

Ambulance

Was not meant for you it was for the legal beagle who wanted to sue for you. Or was he part of the joke?

This is as bad as it can get, but don't count on it.

Tile Calculator
New Here? Read this!
flatfloor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2002, 06:38 PM   #3
John Bridge
Mudmeister

Send a message via AIM to John Bridge
Post a link here as soon as you get the site up. I'll be looking for a link to JohnBridge.com, of course.
John Bridge is offline   Reply With Quote

Stonetooling.com   Tile-Assn.com   National Gypsum Permabase