Ceramic Tile Advice Forums - John Bridge Ceramic Tile

Welcome to John Bridge / Tile Your World, the friendliest DIY Forum on the Internet

Advertiser Directory
JohnBridge.com Home
Buy John Bridge's Books

Go Back   Ceramic Tile Advice Forums - John Bridge Ceramic Tile > Tile & Stone Forums > Tile Forum/Advice Board

Old 03-12-2018, 07:00 AM   #1
Shower corner input requested..

Using Kerdi board on shower walls and have a short wall that will be plastered on one side and Kerdi on other. My concern is where they meet at corner of a 2X4 wall. This wall will have a shower door mounted on it. Should metal be used or can I do the outside corner with Kerdi since they will be tiled. My concern is how to mesh the Kerdi to a plastered corner? It is a short wall. Is it better to Kerdi both surfaces ( waterproof with Kerdi band) and omit the plaster altogether?
Chairandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-12-2018, 10:05 PM   #2
Tool Guy - Kg
Moderator -- Wisconsin Kitchen & Bath Remodeler
Kerdi can be wrapped around an outside corner that is getting tile on the two adjacent surfaces.

But I’m not following which surfaces will be what. Can you clarify a bit?

Tonto Goldstein….. but my friends call me Bubba
Tool Guy - Kg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2018, 07:10 AM   #3
Clarification on question..

The 2 by 4 wall in question is where shower door will be hung. It is perpendicular to inside wall of shower. It will have tile on both sides ( in and out of shower)and end. Kerdi board panels will be used and would like to avoid any build up if metal is used on outside corners. Can i wrap the corner without metal .... just use Kerdi board and apply Kerdi ban ?
Chairandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2018, 08:04 AM   #4
No need for drywall corner bead if both surfaces are to be tiled.

I'm unclear on how the door factors into equation. Perhaps a drawing or photo would be helpful.
Carbidetooth is offline   Reply With Quote

Stonetooling.com   Tile-Assn.com   National Gypsum Permabase