Ceramic Tile Advice Forums - John Bridge Ceramic Tile

Welcome to John Bridge / Tile Your World, the friendliest DIY Forum on the Internet

Advertiser Directory
JohnBridge.com Home
Buy John Bridge's Books

Go Back   Ceramic Tile Advice Forums - John Bridge Ceramic Tile > Tile & Stone Forums > Tile Forum/Advice Board

Sponsors

Old 03-13-2018, 03:16 PM   #16
DBSuther

Ok - bathroom just about complete however, I used a sliced black pebble tile on the shower floor and grouted before I sealed. I really hate hindsight! Now, of course, the pewter color grout has penetrated the stone, pits and all, and turned them various shades of gray. Looking for options to clean this up so I can seal it. I have read that acid based cleaners are bad for stone but not sure if that varies depending on the actual stone. Any help other than rip it out and start over?

Thanks
Doug
Old 03-13-2018, 05:30 PM   #17
Gozo

Different types of stone will react differently to different acids. (Wow! Thatís helpful!)
If you can get some additional or left over stones; you could make up a few test boards and grout them. Then try various methods and see what happens. You might even consider a light abrasive or honing to take the surface down a bit. With glazed tile, thatís not really an option.

Stonetooling.com   Tile-Assn.com   National Gypsum Permabase