Ceramic Tile Advice Forums - John Bridge Ceramic Tile

Welcome to John Bridge / Tile Your World, the friendliest DIY Forum on the Internet

Advertiser Directory
JohnBridge.com Home
Buy John Bridge's Books

Go Back   Ceramic Tile Advice Forums - John Bridge Ceramic Tile > Tile & Stone Forums > Tile Forum/Advice Board

Old 03-08-2018, 06:54 PM   #31
Thanks I was really hoping to to my mortar pan tomorrow should I wait or will it be safe to do it after curing for around 20 hours?
kba1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2018, 07:09 PM   #32
I built my bench out of 2 inch kerdi board and kerdi fix. It is very strong and has held up perfectly so far.
There are videos on YouTube of people building ledge benches and glueing it to the wall with kerdi fix and two men standing on it.
Mathman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2018, 07:21 PM   #33
Hopefully there want be any issues this stuff is a joy to work with I have just never bonded anything with this stuff and didn’t really know the strength of it but I seen some videos on YouTube of them bonding a custom bench out of 2 inch kerdi board together and seen them bonding it to the floor also but I just wasn’t really sure about bonding the curb to the floor with it since schluter only shows using thinset to bond to curb to the floor.

Can you link that video I would like to see it and can’t seem to find it.

kba1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2018, 09:01 PM   #34
Veteran DIYer- Schluterville Graduate

STAR Senior Contributor

When I was in a training class at Schluter, part of the process is to build some things with their products. After just sitting overnight, a triangle of 2" KerdiBoard was attached to the wall with Kerdifix. I was able to stand on it without breaking the next morning after only about 15-hours of cure time. Based on the specified curing time, it still had about 4-5 more days to achieve full strength. The stuff will cure underwater - IOW, it is not affected by a flood test. If your thinset has had at least the 24-hours they specify, there's no problem with the Kerdifix.

I've posted a picture of me standing on that corner bench, but can't find it right now to repost. You should be able to find it if you look around here, though.
Jim DeBruycker
Not a pro, multiple Schluter Workshops (Schluterville and 2013 and 2014 at Schluter Headquarters), Mapei Training 2014, Laticrete Workshop 2014, Custom Building Products Workshop 2015, and Longtime Forum Participant.
jadnashua is offline   Reply With Quote

Stonetooling.com   Tile-Assn.com   National Gypsum Permabase