Ceramic Tile Advice Forums - John Bridge Ceramic Tile

Welcome to John Bridge / Tile Your World, the friendliest DIY Forum on the Internet

Advertiser Directory
JohnBridge.com Home
Buy John Bridge's Books

Go Back   Ceramic Tile Advice Forums - John Bridge Ceramic Tile > Tile & Stone Forums > Cleaning, Restoration and Sealing

Sponsors

Old 10-07-2017, 10:24 PM   #1
homeownerguy

Resealing after Aquamix Choice Gold sealant.

Hi All, My black slate floor was previously sealed with Aquamix Choice Gold sealant. I am interested in resealing and wondering the best route. Ideally I would like to darken/enhance the color, without sheen.

Has the boat totally sailed on applying enhancer?

Should I apply sealant remover first?

Can I apply Enrich and Seal?

Or would Aquamix enhancer and round of Choice Gold sealant be better?

Thank you!
Old 10-09-2017, 10:16 AM   #2
Steve Taylor
Technical Rep

Maxim,
It is not too late to apply Aqua Mix Enrich N Seal. Clean the floor well with Aqua Mix Heavy Duty Cleaner, allow it to dry a couple of days and then seal with the Enrich N Seal.
Old 10-09-2017, 08:29 PM   #3
homeownerguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Taylor View Post
Maxim,

It is not too late to apply Aqua Mix Enrich N Seal. Clean the floor well with Aqua Mix Heavy Duty Cleaner, allow it to dry a couple of days and then seal with the Enrich N Seal.

I spent some time on the phone with their tech support. Here are the things that were said:

* Better choose Enrich and Seal versus separate enhancer and gold sealer separately. In fact, lady said that separately they are just not good together. Sounded odd, but that's what was said to me.

* Given that floor was previously sealed and sealant is not of equal coverage/quality everywhere, putting down enhancer or Enrich and seal could cause some spottiness. To prevent that, it was recommended to use sealant stripper first.

* Reapplying Gold sealer was said to be the easiest, fewest step process in my case.

With all of the above, I am most concerned about leaving a blotchy result. Is stripping really necessary in this application?
Old 10-10-2017, 07:58 AM   #4
John Bridge
Mudmeister

Send a message via AIM to John Bridge
Maxim,

All the tech folks at Custom are good people. I would go with Steve on this one. He is a pay grade above, and he likes beer.
John Bridge is offline   Reply With Quote

Stonetooling.com   Tile-Assn.com   National Gypsum Permabase