Ceramic Tile Advice Forums - John Bridge Ceramic Tile Tile Monthly Magazine

Welcome to John Bridge / Tile Your World, the friendliest DIY Forum on the Internet

Advertiser Directory
JohnBridge.com Home
Buy John Bridge's Books   Buy a TYW Shirt

Go Back   Ceramic Tile Advice Forums - John Bridge Ceramic Tile > Tile & Stone Forums > The Mud Box

Sponsors

Old 04-16-2012, 07:23 PM   #16
Steve C

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason
I slice them in half and soak them in salt water (gets any bugs out) then I dip them in egg and crushed ritz crackers and them fry in butter.
That's how I've always had 'em too. Outstanding.

They can get a little rich, though. Easy to eat a few too many.
Old 04-16-2012, 07:57 PM   #17
redwhite&blue
Jared Gibson

Mical, WOW! is all I've got to say
Old 04-18-2012, 08:12 PM   #18
silvercitytile

Send a message via MSN to silvercitytile
i dont eat any mushmooms any more had a bad trip last time

Schluter Kerdi and Ditra installer in Southern New Mexico
Castillo Construction
silvercitytile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 08:39 PM   #19
oakview
Moderator - Owned by two rescued greyhounds

Didja eat one of these Jeff? They are psychoactive (and also poisonous)

Amanita Muscaria

Name:  Amanita_muscaria.jpg
Views: 107
Size:  36.6 KB
"If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?." -John Wooden
oakview is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 09:09 PM   #20
custombuilt
Tile and remodeling contractor

Amanitas can kill ya..

Superior Construction
Custom Interior and Exterior remodeling experts
Quincy, IL
custombuilt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 08:49 AM   #21
MNTileGuy
Central Texas Tile Guy

Dang, ya'll are making me hungry. I'll have to find out if Morels even grow around here. I'm not holding my breath.

I remember going out as a kid back in MN a few times. Like Steve said, look around the dead elms and you were sure to find plenty. With pretty much all the dead elms gone now, I wouldn't know where to start looking...
MNTileGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 05:34 AM   #22
tileguytodd
Official Felker Fanatic

Not likely in your area but Psylocybins do, just don't get caught gathering em or munching on em ......Check yer local ranch pasture lands Cow crap piles ( makes you wonder why people eat em eh LOL )

Morels are good, I still like Sulfur shelf, Crown Coral and Chantarelles better myself...
1 - Sulfur Shelf Grow on Hardwoods and you Just Trim the Outer edges of each layer...tastes Like breast of chicken smothered in a Mild mushroom sauce..
2 - Crown Coral grows in damp shaded area's on Downed rotting Wood..Tastes like Butternuts
3 - Chantarelles are a funnel shaped shroom in a cream to yellow color that grow in deciduos forests with fair leaf litter and minimal small sapling or shrub growth....These dry well, freeze well and have great flavor and texture. They are worth about the same per pound as Morels in Most area's but come in at a different time of year ( Late summer early fall ) Good daytime highs with cool evening temps and a bit of moisture set these off...I generally start looking for them in late august and continue through the 2nd week of september.

I never owned a truffle sniffing Pig either but I hear those are the best of the bunch..
I did get a really nice Giant Puffball last year in Perfect condition about the size of a Softball....It made nice Lil Steaks that tasted Most Excellent

NEVER Pick any Wild mushrooms if you are not Positive what they are..If you are New to shrooming, Go with someone who knows. Learn not only what is edible, but also what will kill you.

I was headed west on My Motorcycle and came across a guy picking shrooms in a rest area in Montana. He was a Transient camping down along the river that ran past the rest area. I got to talking to him and asked what he was Picking..He said he had found a great little patch of puffballs and was going to have them for supper. I asked if I could take a look. At first glance they did look like puffballs but they seemed a bit too white to me. Being in an unfamiliar area I was unsure so I cut one in half.

Sure enough, it was not puffballs he was picking, it was the Button stage of an Amanita called the Angel of Death....It pays to be careful..This guy was going to eat these happily and would have died a very ugly death. Once ingested no modern medicine could change the course of what was to come. When it dawned on him just what he nearly did his knees actually started shaking and he had to sit on the ground. He thanked me and I proceeded on my way...BE CAREFUL, MORE than Careful.

Buy John's New Book!   Tile Your World Online Store   Contractors Direct Tile Tool Store   Stonetooling.com   Tile-Assn.com