Ceramic Tile Advice Forums - John Bridge Ceramic Tile Tile Monthly Magazine

Welcome to John Bridge / Tile Your World, the friendliest DIY Forum on the Internet

Advertiser Directory
JohnBridge.com Home
Buy John Bridge's Books   Buy a TYW Shirt

Go Back   Ceramic Tile Advice Forums - John Bridge Ceramic Tile > Tile & Stone Forums > Tile Forum/Advice Board

Sponsors

Old 04-12-2012, 06:51 PM   #1
danxp

any idea what this tile is?

i'm trying to locate this tile for a friend since he removed a wall and now needs to fill in the gap with the existing tile...

the house built about 8yrs ago and it's 18x18 tile... the color may be terra cota? we tried all different retail stores to find it but nobody can help...

can anyone give me a clue where i can get about 20 of these tiles?

thanks in advance...
Name:  IMG-20120412-00196.jpg
Views: 102
Size:  67.9 KB
Old 04-12-2012, 06:55 PM   #2
Houston Remodeler

Dan,

You might be able to find those tiles in a neighbors house. You'll need a grout removal tool, a chisel with a flashlight taped to it and a large bone to distract the dog.

After 8 months its highly unlikely you'll come close to matching the tiles. Perhaps a nice inlay pattern?

For when DIY isn't such a good idea...
Houston TX area Kitchen & Bath Remodeling

http://CabotAndRowe.com
Houston Remodeler is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 08:58 PM   #3
danxp

thanks...

that's a good idea with the accent tiling, but then it'd have to be done throughout the kitchen too... he may have to do that if this last hail mary attempt at finding the tile doesn't work...

he said he'll end up putting a rug over it anyway, but that doesn't seem like such a great idea...
Old 04-12-2012, 09:03 PM   #4
Shpedly

Dan, Tile colors, and styles get discontinued pretty quickly these days. Call it a conspiracy by the manufacturers, I do. Even if you were able to find the exact same labeled style/color product, it is most likely that the color wont be exact because it came from a different dye lot.

"If you have time to do it twice, you have time to do it right once."

"Well cover me in Ditra, and call me an orange!"
Shpedly is offline   Reply With Quote

Buy John's New Book!   Tile Your World Online Store   Contractors Direct Tile Tool Store   Stonetooling.com   Tile-Assn.com