View Single Post
Old 12-22-2017, 12:25 AM   #1
TileQuestioner

Mold under kitchen tile due to refrigerator leak

Hi Everyone! Hoping you might be able to help! I’ve pretty much been through hell with new kitchen appliances! After a complete kitchen remodel our brand new dishwasher kept dumping a huge amount of water onto our kitchen floor. After a lot of back & forth with our service company & multiple visits with them pulling the dishwasher in & out & lots of back & forth with the dishwasher manufacturer we finally got out dishwasher replaced. Then we thought there were issues with the new one too! Turns out with all the “service” on the dishwasher, they busted the water line on the fridge that ran behind the dishwasher. It’s been leaking into my new cabinets & into my basement for a few weeks, unbeknownst to us. Now I am getting a weird orange crud on my grout (which is originally brown grout) that I assume is mold?

Do I need to pull up my tile? I want to cry! We saved for years to get this kitchen reno & the thought of needing to pull up tile to treat mold has me absolutely terrified. We definitely can not afford it, but I have two young babies & their health to worry about. Any advice? See a photo of the orange crud on the attached photo. Thanks so much for any advice!!!

Name:  TileQuestioner.jpg
Views: 74
Size:  50.5 KB

Last edited by Tool Guy - Kg; 12-23-2017 at 12:20 PM. Reason: Rotate picture upright. :)
TileQuestioner is offline   Reply With Quote