Ceramic Tile Advice Forums - John Bridge Ceramic Tile

Ceramic Tile Advice Forums - John Bridge Ceramic Tile (http://www.johnbridge.com/vbulletin/index.php)
-   The Mud Box (http://www.johnbridge.com/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   JB Mud Class Video Update (http://www.johnbridge.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=94350)

Granite Rookie 06-19-2011 02:13 PM

JB Mud Class Video Update

Hello everyone,

I wanted to update y'all on the JB Mud Class Video... I have uploaded the last of the rough film sequences to the website today. John and Kelly will need to download them and take a look at several hours of footage to decide how they want to proceed.

This has all taken longer than I anticipated, due to numerous family emergencies that have happened this year. It has not been a good year for our family... A few months ago, there was a massive fire (120 fire fighters battled the blaze) at my in-laws. They lost almost everything they owned. They are both in their mid 80's, so it has been an extremely difficult time for them since the fire.

Imagine going to the doctor's office one day and coming back to nothing... No clothes, food, medicine, furniture, nothing and no where to live. Not long after the fire, my father in-law was rushed to hospital (not related to the fire). We were all bracing for a funeral, but they were able to stabilize him. He was transferred to a 24-hour skilled facility where he will be for a long time, probably the rest of his life. He is having significant health issues... My mother in-law is also battling her own health issues. There have been a lot of other issues related to this, but you can well imagine we have had our hands full...

No excuses, but family comes first I'm sure you will agree. Thanks and take care.

MarkTarkus 06-19-2011 03:59 PM

Sorry to hear about your family Steve.

Thanks for your time at the mud class. I'm sure the footage will be worth the wait.

Houston Remodeler 06-19-2011 06:51 PM

Take all the time you need Steve, family always comes first.

Kilauea 06-19-2011 07:11 PM

You gotta take care of yours,Steve.family is #1.Im sure the video will be worth the wait.

Dan Kramer 06-19-2011 08:40 PM

Thanks for the update, I'm looking forward to it. Good luck and good thoughts with the family.

jondon 06-19-2011 09:01 PM

Hi Steve,

Sorry to hear of the family emergencies and you have your priorities straight. We all thank you for the time you took to come to the Seminar and don't forget you have a family here to lean on if you need:)

Has anyone split your sides lately?

ceramictec 06-19-2011 09:56 PM

mud isnt that important, it's been around for a while but family is where its at!

Higher Standard Tile 06-19-2011 10:46 PM

And whoever that jerk that made the Steven Spielberg joke in the other thread should be banned.

But it wasn't directed at you. (even though you ironically share the same first name:bang:) As CX has clearly pointed out, i wasn't there.

As the other gentlemen mentioned, family first, mud a distant second.

But when the video gets made (with CX's and JB's permission) I would love to buy a copy.

Thanks for your help!

cx 06-19-2011 11:07 PM

Steve, I've downloaded all the clips you uploaded to the site. Looks like I might be a good bit older time I review'em all. :D

Look at your R4 and see if you can tell you sent it in a different format than the others. For File Type it says it's a..............File. Not like the others that say they're MPEG-4 Movies.

Think we might hafta be soliciting some editing help if we're ever gonna have something we can show folks. I'm not sure I'm even electronically equipped for such a project even if I were psychologically equipped, eh? :)

silvercitytile 06-20-2011 12:01 AM

as others have said above Fam comes first here. and thanks for all u did last october!!!:bow:

Levi the Tile Guy 06-20-2011 10:06 AM

Sorry to hear about your family...

CX-just drop eveything and don't go to work or hunting and you can get them videos online for us to view in no time. :D Guys like me that missed it are anxious to see the goods.

cx 06-20-2011 10:32 AM

Well, Levi, I haven't hit a lick for money in months 'cept for countin' your Spotted Owls, which you seem to insist upon paying for every year. :rolleyes:

And I haven't hunted for thirty years except for a couple bird outings and since The Great Hovel Far I don't even own any hunting weapons nor even a fly rod to while away the time on a trout stream.

So, you'd think I'd have plenty time to fool with them videos, eh? :)

Oh, how very, very wrong you'd be! :D

But I'll try to git'em all looked at and maybe get some eye-dee what can be done with'em. Steve took a lot of video. :shades:

Granite Rookie 06-20-2011 01:06 PM

Thanks everyone...

Thanks to everyone for the well wishes and prayers. Things have taken another turn for the worse as the doctor's think my father in-law has suffered another stroke (his second in three months) last night. It's not looking good, but we're bucking up and hoping for the best. Thanks again and take care!

Hamilton 06-27-2011 07:08 PM

Wondering if the whole thing could be converted to a smaller file format and added to the Libary via the forums server instead of editing it down. Add chapters 1 through....? Could make a JB forums Youtube channel and add the entire video series in segments as well and then just link to it. Just ideas.:)

jgleason 06-27-2011 07:10 PM

That might be the easiest way Jack. Although probably better to make a TYW YouTube channel and post them there.