Ceramic Tile Advice Forums - John Bridge Ceramic Tile

Ceramic Tile Advice Forums - John Bridge Ceramic Tile (http://www.johnbridge.com/vbulletin/index.php)
-   Professionals' Hangout (http://www.johnbridge.com/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Schluter Class (http://www.johnbridge.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=31147)

Levi the Tile Guy 01-15-2006 12:23 PM

Schluter Class

There is a two day schluter class coming up this year, and I was wondering if any of you have been too one in the past and if it is worth it. The owner of one of my local tile shops is going to send me (airfare and all) but I don't have any other info on it. I've used detra plenty, and started using kerdi recently but know how to use it. I've read the specs, talked to a rep, and watched a DVD they made about installing it.

Jeremy 01-15-2006 01:10 PM

GO!!! It is a no-brainer in my mind. Ask all the questions you can think of. Jump at the chance to go!

chukar8 01-15-2006 01:23 PM

You could always play "try to stump the tec rep" with really thought provoking questions, hehehe :devil:

Jeremy 01-15-2006 01:52 PM

One thing you will quickly learn is that Schluter is one of the ONLY companies (at least that I am familiar with) who uses skilled tradesmen to fill the positions in their tech and field departments. The ones I have seen/heard/spoken to, are all very well versed in tile work.

Most other companies hire people who can read from their directions, and some of them have trouble with that.

doitright 01-15-2006 02:00 PM

Hi Jeremy :)

Especially if their teleprompter is broken! :yeah:

John Bridge 01-15-2006 02:53 PM

There is no question that my attending Schluter training several years ago changed my life. Been a company man ever since. ;)

Rob Z 01-15-2006 04:02 PM

Well worth it for me, Levi.

:goodluck:

Danny Ferguson 01-15-2006 04:06 PM

Hey Levi,

I went last month. Don't pass it up. The Schluter guys are great, and so are the products.

Danny

Floorit 01-15-2006 07:42 PM

Levi,

Do you have the particulars on when and where the class is being offered? Also, do you know who I could contact about attending these classes?

Thanks, Ray

cx 01-15-2006 08:13 PM

Even if you've already used the products, I think it would be worthwhile, Levi, specially since it ain't costin' you anything. :)

And we'll even give you an assignment: Find out why they can't make all the Kerdi material the same thickness as the KerdiBand instead of twice as thick as that. Axe ol' Peter. I didn't get a chance on accounta he sicked out on our class after the first session and nobody else seems to know.

ninemile 01-16-2006 02:39 PM

Go to the Schluter seminar, it's worth it and a ton of fun!! It really helped me when I started with it, heck I actually wrote a story on my experience, I think it's in the liberry. Even if you've used it before you can always learn more, which never hurts. Plus, Schluter puts you up and it's a blast.

Like JB, I'm a company gal too! :shades:

opiethetileman 01-16-2006 03:12 PM

when and where is it?????

Levi the Tile Guy 01-16-2006 05:51 PM

Opie and Ray,

I'll find out for you. I think it is in So. Carolina but I'm not 100% sure. I'l;l find out tomorrow.

-Thanks everybody else for the input. Sounds like a good deal. + maybe I'll be able to meet some opther tile setters that actually know what they are doing. Instead of guys that use grey mapaie for light stone that is sooo wet you can pur it out of the bucket to cover the floor.

opiethetileman 01-16-2006 05:53 PM

Maybe Dave will stop in a tell us the info. I want to go and expand my brain not my mouth :clap2:

pitterpat 01-16-2006 06:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by opiethetileman
Maybe Dave will stop in a tell us the info. I want to go and expand my brain not my mouth :clap2:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Floorit
Do you have the particulars on when and where the class is being offered? Also, do you know who I could contact about attending these classes?

It's usually held at CTEF in S. Carolina. To go you have to get in touch with the Schluter rep in your area and express to them that you want to go.