February 2012 Tile Letter [Archive] - Ceramic Tile Advice Forums - John Bridge Ceramic Tile

PDA

View Full Version : February 2012 Tile Letter

John Bridge
02-23-2012, 08:01 AM
Pretty informative edition for Tile Letter. In the back (NTCA Family Album) is Tom Hambrock (Hammy) and wife Jeanette. Looks like Hammy is trying to dance. It might just be a pose, though. :)

Also, the ad on page 65. Does that look like a Schluter drain in the Tile-redi shower floor? Wonder how they did that. Pretty tricky, eh? ;)

Article page 52. While I agree the method used was atrocious, "spot bonding" did not cause the problem. The installation would have failed because of the primer (on slick tiles) no matter how the thin-set was applied. It appears also that the spots were not burned into the tiles, or the thin-set was stale or just plain inadequate. :)

Sponsored Links

tilelayer
02-23-2012, 08:42 AM
Mine came in the mail just a cover, no inside guts I'm kinda upset I missed an issue.

jcsa
02-23-2012, 09:14 AM
Rick,
Call the NTCA and ask for another one. They will send you another copy. Talk to Jim and mention what happened, and that i suggested you call them and get an additional copy.

John B i am proud of the pictures of the young ladies and man in the picture, as those are my children. I know they take after their mother, i was there for a short period of time. We have raised three wonderful children that we adore.

FYI. John Cox

John Bridge
02-23-2012, 11:21 AM
Oops, just looked back. Sorry, John. I missed that those good looking kids were yours. Your wife must be a knock-out, and I'm sure the kids favor her. :D

jcsa
02-23-2012, 02:53 PM
Nice Recovery John! She is a wonderful woman, especially tolerating me for 35 years. This year we will celebrate our 30th wedding anniversary.

cx
02-23-2012, 03:01 PM
Sonja Henig's Tutu! You're telling us the woman knew you for five years and married you anyway? :D

jcsa
02-23-2012, 03:39 PM
I will never tell on what was the determining factor. Maybe my B.S.? Maybe we will never know? She is a saint i will confirm.