Sometimes you just gotta grumble [Archive] - Ceramic Tile Advice Forums - John Bridge Ceramic Tile

PDA

View Full Version : Sometimes you just gotta grumble

ugly john
04-08-2011, 08:33 AM
SO..........I'm starting on my kitchen project, which consists of painting the walls, painting the cabinets, and putting up a tile backsplash. Nice, cheap, fairly easy, and gets me some experience with tiling before I tackle my shower enclosure.

So yesterday I start pulling off the old 6" formica backsplash. All was going well until I pulled off the side piece, and discovered that the hacks that installed it left a crooked gap of over 3/4". Silly me, expecting to find a nice tight gap that I could cover with tile.

And since there is a tad bit of water damage right next to the sink, I decided to go ahead and replace the entire countertop with quartz. It will look great, and I'm excited about it, but my quick, easy, and cheap project is no longer quick, easy, NOR cheap.

Thanks for listening, and now back to your regularly scheduled helpful forum....

Sponsored Links

TechHead
04-08-2011, 10:59 AM
"No Battle Plan Survives First Contact with the Enemy"

Gukki
04-08-2011, 05:19 PM
I feel your pain.

Ooh, but how you will LOVE your quartz counter.

I'm jealous.

Good luck!

Jim Farrell Tiler
04-08-2011, 07:31 PM
im tiling my laundry, done all the walls, laying the floor, only have enough tiles to lay the floor no spares (leftovers from a job a few years ago) broke a tile!!! aarrrrgh

muskymike
04-08-2011, 07:39 PM
Hi John, be sure to post a pic of the counter top when you git it in. :)