tile fireplace surround and floor - help. [Archive] - Ceramic Tile Advice Forums - John Bridge Ceramic Tile

PDA

View Full Version : tile fireplace surround and floor - help.

Chitown JoJo
03-30-2011, 11:11 AM
We want to tile our fireplace surround and the floor in front of the fireplace. Right now there is large pieces of marble. The marble is pink and grey and very outdated - I know some folks get a bit crazy when covering up or discarding marble. Where do we start? Do we pull off the marble or do we tile over? The marble on the floor is flush with the wood flooring around it.
Any advice will be appreciated.

Sponsored Links

muskymike
03-30-2011, 05:06 PM
Hi JoJo welcome! I would remove the marble which would entail removing the wood mantle and legs from the way it looks. :)

Chitown JoJo
03-30-2011, 08:57 PM
Mike -
Thanks! That's what I thought, but needed to confirm. The marble is a bit loose so we may be able to take it out without removing the mantle. Will that be ok?
(I bet you're anxious for the weather to get better so you can get out on a boat and get that hook in the water)

muskymike
03-30-2011, 09:07 PM
Hi JoJo, you got that right bout fishin! Cept we still have 2 ft of ice! Yes if you can remove the marble without taking the wood off that would be great. :)We are ya in Chi town?

cx
03-30-2011, 09:38 PM
Welcome, JoJo. :)(I bet you're anxious for the weather to get better so you can get out on a boat and get that hook in the water) Yeah, some years MMike fishes all summer up there. Yep, both weeks! :D

Chitown JoJo
04-01-2011, 08:01 AM
Hey MM -
I'm a Southsider:fish2:

I'll keep you posted on progress.