Seal a regrout after 24 hours? [Archive] - Ceramic Tile Advice Forums - John Bridge Ceramic Tile

PDA

View Full Version : Seal a regrout after 24 hours?

dukesmom
03-29-2011, 03:30 PM
I know, I know I should have waited. I regrouted my kitchen floor yesterday - 18"x18" ceramic tile, sanded grout. I had dug out the 1/8" of old grout and finished grouting at 2 p.m. yesterday. It looked dry so I put the first seal on at 2:30 p.m. today. Am I gonna be in big trouble? How long should I wait to do a second seal or should I just start digging out the grout now and start over? Thanks for your advice.

Sponsored Links

dukesmom
03-29-2011, 03:48 PM
Forgot to mention I used the same TEC Accucolor sanded grout that was originally used on the floor.

Houston Remodeler
03-29-2011, 07:34 PM
Anne,

What does the bag-o-grout say?

Normally I like to wait a week, most wait 3 days....

tileman2000
03-29-2011, 07:38 PM
Also, what sealer did you use?

dukesmom
03-30-2011, 12:36 PM
Michael and Paul, I appreciate your questions. The bag said when the grout was dry and the sealer (Tilelab Penetrating) said 72 hours after qrouting. So.....I am putting myself in the corner with the dunce cap......and digging out the grout (again!!). Almost half done, not as hard as the first time. I want the job done right (this time) and wanted to get it out before it cured anymore. You can bet I'll be following the directions carefully now. Thanks for replying to the post though.

Houston Remodeler
03-30-2011, 07:53 PM
Anne,

Take that bottle of Tile lab and use it for a doorstop. Get yourself a bottle of Miracle 511. You'll notice the difference right away. Get the smallest unit possible.