Grout stuff? [Archive] - Ceramic Tile Advice Forums - John Bridge Ceramic Tile

PDA

View Full Version : Grout stuff?

Bri
05-01-2001, 11:13 PM
Ok...time to ask a question. Having never used grout colorant before..I was wondering how easy it was to apply..and how it holds up to traffic and repeated washings. No sense using the stuff if it wears out in a year or two. Anybody have experience with the stuff? Thanks....

Bri

Sponsored Links

John Bridge
05-02-2001, 07:31 PM
Hi Bri,

I've never lived with the stuff, but I'm confident it'll last more than a couple of years in a typical residential setting. I would not use it at all, say, in a commercial kitchen or a gas station.

In a house, though, even if it only lasted a few years, it would beat the alternatives of either removing all the grout or replacing the floor.

Just got back from the Seattle area. It was raining. Surprise.

John

LaMoura
09-27-2005, 11:04 PM
I just applied grout colorant. I have no idea how long it will hold up, but you are in for a job!! My tile is black, the bottle of the colorant says to apply it and wipe to clear the colorant off the tiles. HA! It makes the most horrible smear mess. I did a few lines this way and decided no way. I'll let it dry and the razor blade the excess off of the tile. This works, but talk about time consuming. I may still be there next year.

Good luck! With and hope your tile isnt a dark color.

Mike2
09-28-2005, 06:55 AM
Hi LaMora, you sure picked up an old Thread there, back from 2001.

Anyway, here is a thread you and other readers might find useful on cleaning up while using a grout colorant. In particular, read Bill Vincents post and his link to a write-up on clean-up. :)

LaMoura
09-28-2005, 07:27 PM
I'm not blonde but I dont see the thread?

John Bridge
09-28-2005, 07:32 PM
Mikey used to be blond before . . . ah well. :D

LaMoura
09-28-2005, 07:41 PM
Mikey used to be blond before . . . ah well. :D

I guess I should be really honest and say "I have BEEN a blonde" but it was bottle induced and I really dont like the stranger in the mirror, so brunette it is. However to be so brainy I really didnt notice how old the thread I replied to was :eek: